RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shatta come quick-quick? This shows your years of promoting using/linking the music/artists/football can work!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shatta come quick-quick? This shows your years of promoting using/linking the music/artists/football can work!

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><SPAN class=TopStory>Reggae Girlz' stage show a success</SPAN>
    <SPAN class=Subheadline></SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD>Observer Reporter
    Tuesday, November 07, 2006
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    <P class=StoryText align=justify>The stage show billed 'Let's Hear It For The Girlz' aimed at raising funds for Jamaica's senior women's footballers at Amnesia Night Club in Ocho Rios last Saturday was deemed a success.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The promoters, Irie FM, disclosed that the $500,000 target was met as some 1,200 patrons squeezed into the venue to see top acts like Beenie Man, Mr Vegas, Red Rat, Gyptian, Chuck Fender and DYCR in performance.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Apart from performing free on the night, Beenie Man, the self-proclaimed king of the dancehall, pledged $100,000 towards the fundraising effort, following up on an earlier gesture of $50,000 by Mr Vegas. Other notable pledges by artistes came from Gyptian ($30,000) and Red Rat ($15,000).
    The remainder of the funds came from gate receipts and business interests.<P class=StoryText align=justify>But apart from the fact that the event was a successful one in terms of crowd support, all the artistes gave outstanding performances to the delight of the crowd and the Reggae Girlz who were in the house.<P class=StoryText align=justify>One Reggae Girl, Tanecia 'Rambo' Vassell, joined Beenie Man on stage to profess her admiration for him in song.
    The Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) president, Crenston Boxhill, also attended the function with members of the coaching staff.<P class=StoryText align=justify>Jamaica's senior women's footballers are in preparation for this month's CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup in the USA and they stand a good chance of qualifying for the World Cup in China next year should they defeat Panama and Canada.<P class=StoryText align=justify>The funds being raised for the Girlz will help in enabling them to host a training camp in Florida, which will include a warm-up match against Trinidad, before they go into the Gold Cup tournament.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Shatta come quick-quick? This shows your years of promoting using/linking the music/artists/football can work!

Respect for the article Karl. First and foremost one must say thank you to Beenie Man and the other artists who gave time and money to the cause and respect to the individuals who made this all happen.

It can be done and this thing about us not having money is just an excuse for laziness. Wasn't this what Boxhill said he was going to do when he came into office?

I expectedgames against all the parish teams anda concert afterward the way he made it seem like they were going to merge reggae and football.

A just we have to do it on the ground level and let it swell up, we can't sit back and complain anymore we have tolead by example

respect

Comment

RE: Shatta come quick-quick? This shows your years of promoting using/linking the music/artists/football can work!

<DIV>I was watching the double header daCosta Cup match at STETHS last weekend when I got a call reminding me about this fundraiser. Well, being Jamaica's biggest football supporter (and humblest), I headed in that direction right after.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>It was indeed a good show. Big respect to Irie FM who have always supported the Girlz.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Not being a show-goer anymore, I didn't mind seeing the current crop of DJ's do their thing for the Girlz. I thought Vegas and Gyptian were particularly entertaining. (I'm sure I'm forgetting some other good acts.) And got to see another side of Nanko, who is not as soft-spoken as some of his songs suggest. Vegas brought on Opal, clad in a blouse and a belt (well, it might as well have been! ) who showed the females in the audience how to do the Hot Wuk. I can assure you, there will be no casualties from this dance. The wuk, perhaps, but not the dance! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>The smaller setting was also a welcome difference to the huge fields where such shows are normally held. And not even when the night skies opened up for a strong downpour of showers did the show miss a beat. At least, we were on Amnesia nightclub's rooftop, so no muddy mess to deal with.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Some artists did use the opportunity to bust others in their camp, and some were actually quite good, and when you consider that they were not making any money from the show and were actually contributing to a worthy cause, yuh have to give them some slack.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Beenie Man chose that night to launch a stinging verbal attack on Bounti Killa which became a little boring. Most people around me seemed to be Bounti fans so that didn't go over too well with them. But no bottles were flung.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Ah wonder when was the last time Coach Vin Blaine bleached like that!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Over to you now, Reggae Girlz. Duh unnu ting!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

them just realise after3 years in office that this can be done?

These are the little things we were expecting from the Boxhill administration. We knew he didn't have bakery like money but ground level organization and income was what we were expecting.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What took the JFF so long!? Simply put...NO VISION!! I talk to mi bredrin Mosiah on a regular basis and this one idea that I've mentioned time and time again that the JFF has failed to capitalize on. It was just beyond me that for a team that is dubbed the Reggaeboyz/girlz, it was just beyond me that the JFF had never merged the music with football...not even a show. I have always said that this is one sure way of raising funds for the program and I know the artists would help out big time. As a matter of fact, my idea is a series of Reggae shows promoted by the JFF(Reggaeboyz) across the island annually. Hopefully no one within the JFF get the bright idea of pocketing the money or use the venture for personal gains. Other people that I know of who had these same thoughts of fundraising, are Shatta, Mosiah, and Assassin. Jah know star, how could one see otherwise? Reggaeboyz and Reggaeshows...the most perfect match!!

Comment

Yow mi bredrin Mosiah! Jah know seh a long time we a talk bout such a venture star. In fact we actually spoke about aReggaeboyz reggae show series annually. We a prophet or genius bredrin?

Comment

Sensi (11/7/2006)Yow mi bredrin Mosiah! Jah know seh a long time we a talk bout such a venture star. In fact we actually spoke about aReggaeboyz reggae show series annually. We a prophet or genius bredrin?
              I am sure many others have spoken of this...but, I remember that Shatta Cleve (remember that name) buss hit laaang before we even had a REGGAE GIRLZ!

...and yes, I had long talks with him day and night...on the phone and in person about his own operations/business and how it could dovetail into...fit with promoting such events. Shatta Cleve actually has a business that could fit with thesuch a JFF expansion into...Roots, Reggae, Reggae Merchandising&amp;our REGGAE TEAMs.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>Genius! Of course!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But seriously, let's give Burrell some credit. From ever since, Burrell's JFF has had quite a bit of entertainment at Reggae Boyz matches, especially before kickoff. Okay, they didn't take it to the next level, but there was some marriage of the two nonetheless.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I shall always remember the Stone Love concert with the Boyz in Paris following the Argentina match, where even a Reggae Boy took the mike and nice up di place.
                </DIV><DIV>Some people feel that the only reason why this show for the Girlz was put on was because they weren't get much at all from the JFF. We need to recognize that we are always in need of money, the entire program, and we need to do what we can to get that money that is out there.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Don't expect the artistes to be so kind next time, though! They will be looking for some compensation, but if the show is planned properly, everbody can come out pretty, indeed, all of Jamaica can benefit!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (11/7/2006)<DIV>Genius! Of course!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>But seriously, let's give Burrell some credit. From ever since, Burrell's JFF has had quite a bit of entertainment at Reggae Boyz matches, especially before kickoff. Okay, they didn't take it to the next level, but there was some marriage of the two nonetheless.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I shall always remember the Stone Love concert with the Boyz in Paris following the Argentina match, where even a Reggae Boy took the mike and nice up di place.
                  </DIV><DIV>Some people feel that the only reason why this show for the Girlz was put on was because they weren't get much at all from the JFF. We need to recognize that we are always in need of money, the entire program, and we need to do what we can to get that money that is out there.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Don't expect the artistes to be so kind next time, though! They will be looking for some compensation, but if the show is planned properly, everbody can come out pretty, indeed, all of Jamaica can benefit!</DIV>
                  Serious ting!

...but....Aaaaah nuh di planning dat hal-ways a let wi dun? :angry:

Comment

there is so much potential here it nuh fully star.Imagine going to a rural parish and have a game and then carry two big artist and a few local star perform after the game with a sound system. That can't be too costy asif promoted properly many artist will work for a little on such a show.

As you say the vision is not there mi brethren.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                    X