• Show
Clear All

• St James football in limbo, Claro blamed

St James football in limbo, Claro blamed

Published: Wednesday | December 10, 2008

Adrian Frater, News Editor

WESTERN BUREAU:
    THE ENTIRE domestic programme of the St James

Football Association (StJFA) programme is in disarray and the association is laying the blame at the feet of new telecommunications company

Claro, which the board claims breached a commitment to sponsor all its competitions.

"They (Claro) initiated discussion with us and offered to sponsor all our domestic football programmes for approximately $16 million," StJFA president Orville Powell told a press conference in Montego Bay yesterday. "After subsequent discussions, we finally settled on $10 million."
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

For the first time in along time I am truly embarrassed by what passes for administration in this parish and by extension the region.

Not blaming the writer of this story as this may be the information he has to work with but the truth is stranger than fiction and if it does come out I dare csay a number of our top football officials would not be allowed anywhere near a corner league game again.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko, how about giving us the whole story and nothing but? Would really like to hear the truth!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Trust me I cant even say muchg here as it would jeapordise my trusted links. I may have to link you off line...
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

well...i'm here doing nothing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I hope your boss reads the site and fire you ra55
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Me tuh, i am hear twiddling my thumbs waiting for some juicy story on Ja soccer and here comes Sickko with it. Mosiah, please pass on as the forumites are eager to hear the details of this story...Duh, dont spare any details as i have my nation's football interest at heart.
              Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
              Mitty

Comment

Good fi them backside ..Them must report after the cheque is cash ..GOOD LESSON FOR THE NATIONAL PROGRAM TOO IN THE FUTURE.

Comment

So wait if sponsorship is so important to the financial viability of the game out west. What was the back up plan? Also what are waiting on to move beyond the shores of Jamaica in seeking sponsorship?

now with the internet we can put our games online and attract a worldwide audience and the sponsorship that goes with it.

Yes it might not be the highest standard right now but we have to work with what we have until we get what we want.

start from the bottom to the top as there is no shame in that.

Its time now to "tek it to di worl' "

Shatta aka philantrophist/humanitarian/scholar/lecturer/prophet is now available for speaking engagements starting at $50,000 US a date.

Comment

Working...
                  X