X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wadadah get boot out West

Published: Wednesday | December 10, 2008

WESTERN BUREAU:
    WADADAH HAVE been expelled from further participation in the Captain's Bakery Western Super League for alleging failing to meet their financial obligations with Jamaica Football Federation's (JFF) Western Confederation.

"We had a meeting of the confederation last night and a decision was taken to expel Wadadah," said confederation chairman Orville Powell yesterday. "We have communicated our decision to the JFF and Wadadah so, as we speak, Wadadah are out of the Super League.".

Outlining the sequence of events which led to Wadadah's expulsion, Powell said that at the start of the season, Wadadah failed to pay its $20,000 entry fee but were allowed to start the competition on the condition that they made the requisite payment within a specified time.

"The time we gave Wadadah has expired so we have no choice but to expel them as per the competition's regulations," said Powell. "The rules are in place to guide our actions and we have no choice but to play by the rules."

However, in a letter to the confederation challenging the decision, Wadadah's manager, Gene Grey, expressed surprise and disappointment, claiming that repeated attempts to get the confederation's bank account number had proven futile.

"I called several members of the confederation asking for the account number but nobody was able to tell me," Grey said. "We are ready to pay and were always ready, we just needed an account number."

Five years ago, when Wadadah won the Super League, it took three seasons for them to be paid. In the end, the money was traded off in fines and other monetary obligations Wadadah had with the confederation.

- Adrian Frater
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

ummm .... how long before one realize that the current system is a joke?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Bank account number?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

War a go bruk inna Jarrett Park ..i just hope I am not there.

Comment

Dem expel de team fi JA$20,000!?!?

Comment

Working...
          X