Roen Nelson topped the goalscoring in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roen Nelson topped the goalscoring in

the T&T league. He is on loan from Portmore United. How long is the loan? I think he has been playing in their league for about 3 years now, when is he going back to PU? Since he's been the consistent leading goalscorer in a "better" foreign league than our own, does he deserve a call-up to the national squad?
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

You sure a nuh two years ago? Warlord say him nuh good nuh more.

He won't get no call up. I can't see Barnes or Tappa using him.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

To be truthfull, when I saw himon tv playing for Joe Public a couple of months ago, he needed about 5 - 6 chances to score one goal. He made some ridiculously easy sitters when it would have been harder to miss. I don't think he is of international quality, plus he carries a big gut. But i was just wondering why is he still plying his trade in Trinidad and not for PMU, when he is so prolific there.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        the T&T league. He is on loan from Portmore United. How long is the loan? I think he has been playing in their league for about 3 years now, when is he going back to PU? Since he's been the consistent leading goalscorer in a "better" foreign league than our own, does he deserve a call-up to the national squad?
        HAHHAHAHA!..Nelson aint even in the top 7 goalscoring list so how the hell he top the league?..and JP needs to let dat lazy man go..

Comment

...and if you referring to that article in allyuh press...I'm sure it says leading FOREIGNER with goals in T&T...No way that man is the leading goalscorer..

Comment

For Immediate Release
            February 25, 2008

Portmore United deadly striker Roen Nelson comes to the Cayman Islands
            By Beverly Melbourne

Prolific and deadly striker Roen Nelson will be part of Jamaica’s National Premier League team Portmore United Football coming to the Cayman Islands to play friendly games against the Cayman Islands national team on March 15 and 16. These games are part of the final preparations instituted by Technical Director Carl Brown for the return leg between Bermuda in the road to South Africa World Cup 2010 Qualification games.
            The Cayman Islands national football team drew 1-1 with Bermuda in the first leg on their soil to place the island in a favorable position to advance to the next round. They need only a 0-0 result to fulfill their dreams of going on to the second leg of this qualifying round.
            Nelson, according to a Jamaica Football Federation (JFF) website in the 2002-03 season of the Premier League banged home 30 goals, setting the standard for the competition for years to come.
            Today, that record still stands and Nelson not only dominated the Jamaica’s premier league but went to Trinidad and Tobago’s Joe Public, where even after struggling with some weight issues, he was good enough to be the club’s top striker and the competition’s leading marksman as well.
            Nelson does not understand what it means to quit as his dip in form when he returned to the premier league in 2006 never deterred him and he was soon off to Trinidad once again.
            While there he once again struck form and on his return to the league here in Jamaica this season, he has again looked awesome.
            The burly striker played as a substitute against Costa Rica as part of the Jamaica’s National team in the recent international game played at the National Stadium and from his few minutes on the pitch, his touches looked sharp, and he was moving off the ball well, opening gaps that provided the midfielders with opportunities to score.
            This striker who has an extremely rare influence on the team will build up from the middle and attack with purpose his strength and ability.
            Nelson made a mark on his return to the league by scoring four goals against August Town at the University of the West Indies playfield in their game recently sending a message to state his return in full force.
            Although, not fully back to his destructive form he did score against Reno recently and has been allowing other players on the pitch to benefit from the attention he requires of his markers. It is important to note though, that this diminutive striker goal poacher in every sense of the word.
            While Nelson was in Trinidad, completing a four-year stint with Joe Public, he scored somewhere in the region of 115 goals. It must be remembered that some of that time; Nelson was playing with Portmore United. That awesome record isn’t something new, as the striker has scored over 400 goals in his career.
            At the Manning cup level while donning the colours of Dunoon Technical High School in Kingston Jamaica he achieved acclaim as a goal scorer as well, netting 31 goals in the 1998 season. His goalscoring feats have also come with titles.
            The year he scored 30 goals in the Premier League, Portmore United were crowned champions and the year he scored 31 goals in the Manning Cup, Dunoon earned their only schoolboy title.
            What is scary is that Nelson is now more mature and sensible about his football and seriously indicated in an interview that he saw the sport most people love as a serious job.
            Nelson’s sole purpose without a doubt is to bring Portmore goals and with the team leading the league standings in the National Premier league at the moment is enough proof that it will not be a walk over when they land here on the Cayman Islands for these games.
            For more information on the Men’s Senior National team or other CIFA events contact the CIFA office at 949-5775, email info@caymanfootball.ky or log on to www.caymanfootball.ky

Comment

HE has been scoring a lot of goals in TRinidad. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                To be truthfull, when I saw himon tv playing for Joe Public a couple of months ago, he needed about 5 - 6 chances to score one goal. He made some ridiculously easy sitters when it would have been harder to miss. I don't think he is of international quality, plus he carries a big gut. But i was just wondering why is he still plying his trade in Trinidad and not for PMU, when he is so prolific there.

I agree wit u here Jangle. Roen Nekson isnt an international calibre striker. He misses more goals than he scores and he's not in great physical shape at all. Im surprised he is still on Joe Public's payroll. Im not sure he leads the league in scoring, but he certainly doesnt warrant a call up.

The player that im shocked that havent been called up is Christopher Harvey. He's had a good season for JP and I thought he didnt do too badly in the Champions League either.

Comment

I think he is scoring more in jamaica than Trinidad in shorter time period...

Maybe it is easier to score in jamaica than Trinidad...Even with him so called big belly.

By the way what happen to our best goalscorer Chemo ...How big is his belly now playing at Portmore.

Comment

Nelson was let go by Joe public .. also harvey and wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
                      Nelson was let go by Joe public .. also harvey and wolfe
                      No wonder dem popdown now.

Comment

Don't talk whey yuh nuh know, bredren. Let go?!? HA!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          So wha yuh seh SEMI PRO league a pay more dan PRO LEAGUE?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post

he was

Comment

if you say so.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X