Robinho: City's small-time mentality must change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinho: City's small-time mentality must change

Robinho has stirred the Manchester City pot by saying his club will win not anything until they change their small-time mentality.
    The £32.5 million British record signing was part of the City side that lost Sunday's Manchester derby at Eastlands.
    "City have good players but the mentality of a small side," Robinho told Setanta Sports' Football Matters programme.
    "They are content with just finishing fifth or sixth. They are content with little, thinking just a draw might be good enough.
    "They lack is the mentality of champions. I have learnt that being second is worthless so I want to inspire a winning mentality.
    "You can only be content with winning. You need to want to beat Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool. Maybe I have changed this a bit but now City have a project to become big, the mentality has to change."
    Robinho also spoke of the disappointment that he did not get to link up with former Brazil boss Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea. "He is one of the best coaches of the world," Robinho said of Scolari. "Even before his arrival, Chelsea had made me an offer. After his arrival, their interest strengthened. I wanted to play there. But Real Madrid wouldn't let me play for them."

Yet Robinho has vowed to see out the remainder of his four-year contract and expects new arrivals at Eastlands. He has even named his own shopping list which contains a long list of Brazilians.
    "I have suggested Kleber, the Santos left back, Thiago Silva who plays at centre back for Fluminense, who's been playing very well. The coach mentioned Luisao, who is Brazilian and plays for Benfica," he said.
    "Who would I sign? If I could choose it would be Kaka and (former Brazil striker) Ronaldo. But at this moment the team needs to improve the defence.
    "When you build a house you have to start from the floor. You have to start from the bottom, the defence, and then you fix the attack."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Wait, him only want full up the team wid Brazilians? Sound like him tekking too much advice from JAwge.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

A him a de coach!!! We will see how Mark Hughes handles this outburst.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Dem need fi bench him as they did Gallas. Bring him back when it matters.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As the president seh, is a mistake him mek when him hear seh a Manchester deh pon de line. All along him did think seh a the Empire him did a go. Lo and behold him find out seh a two teams de a England by the name of Manchester.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I like his attitude, but him need to remember there is a gaffer ... and Ronaldo??? please Robinho, you were doing well up to that point.
            Peter R

Comment

Working...
            X