Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Orgill must be called to the

national training squad now.

We can't be so shortsighted thinking about the Digicel cup and leaving out our top youngster. He need to get a few first team cap soon so he can play top flight football soon.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

DEVER, pronounced DEH-VER.

I agree with you, but it's not going to happen.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Burrell praises U-20 striker Orgill for Aruba exploits

Friday, November 28, 2008

CARDER PARK, Portland - Captain Horace Burrell, the president of the Jamaica Football Federation, heaped praise on national Under-20 striker Dever Orgill who scored five of Jamaica's eight goals in the team's wins against Antigua and Barbuda (4-1) and host Aruba (4-0) in last weekend's CONCACAF Under-20 Championships.

Burrell, speaking at the presentation of $100,000 to the Portland FA on Tuesday to assist in replacing stolen items from the FA's office, said "heartiest congratulations to a son of the parish young Dever Orgill for your outstanding performances while representing our country at the Under-20 level".
      President of the JFF Captain Horace Burrell (left) chats with national Under-20 striker Dever Orgill at a Portland FA function in the parish on Tuesday. (Photo & text: Everard Owen)
      "Dever you have done Jamaica proud, you have done your parish proud, your parents proud and all of us and this is just the start of things to come and you seem to be quiet a disciplined young man and with your disposition I have no doubt that your future will be so secure that you will make this country of Jamaica so proud," said the JFF boss.

Orgill has been a goalscoring machine for both his parish and his country at various age-group levels. For his parish Portland, Orgill has scored 52 goals in 22 consecutive games. He was leading goalscorer in the CFU Under-15 and Under-16 tournaments of 2005 and 2006. Orgill also has the record for goals in the JFF All-island Parish Challenge Cup for Under-15 teams. He presently plies his trade in Canada with the Vancouver Whitecaps.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
      X