Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raging Paul Ince involved in tunnel fracas at Tottenham

Raging Paul Ince involved in tunnel fracas at Tottenham

Paul Ince squared up to Joe Jordan in the tunnel at half-time of the defeat by Tottenham Hotspur (AFP/Glyn Kirk)

Kaveh Solhekol

div#related-article-links p a, div#related-article-links p a:visited {color:#06c;}Paul Ince was embroiled in renewed controversy last night after the Blackburn Rovers manager squared up to Joe Jordan, the Tottenham Hotspur coach, at half-time in Rovers' 1-0 defeat at White Hart Lane. Ince, who also criticised Fabio Capello, the England manager, after the game, is coming under increasing pressure after his side slipped to next to bottom in the Barclays Premier League.
    Blackburn have not won a league game for two months and their chances of beating Tottenham disappeared when Martin Olsson was sent off after a series of crude challenges on Aaron Lennon in the first half. Ince and Jordan squared up in the tunnel after the Tottenham coach complained to Howard Webb, the referee, about Blackburn's tackling in the first half.
    “Joe Jordan was talking to the referee about André Ooijer and saying that he kicked Lennon two or three times,” the Blackburn manager said. “We'd already had a man sent off and he was trying to get another man sent off.”
    Ince replaced Mark Hughes at Ewood Park in the summer but little has gone right for the former England captain since he left Milton Keynes Dons, who had just been promoted to Coca-Cola League One, to join Blackburn in the top flight. Although Ince convinced Roque Santa Cruz to stay at the club - the Paraguay forward is expected to join Manchester City in January - Blackburn have won only three league games this season and Ince has become involved in a series of high-profile spats.
    Related Links

Two weeks ago, the former Manchester United and Inter Milan midfield player accused Ray Wilkins, the Chelsea assistant manager, of disrespecting his players after a 2-0 home defeat by saying that he was expecting a physical game. “I was upset with him for coming out with that garbage,” Ince said at the time.
    Yesterday, Ince also had Capello and Ray Clemence, the England goalkeeping coach, in his sights as he complained about the treatment of Paul Robinson when the goalkeeper was called into the England squad for the friendly against Germany last week. “I was disappointed that he did not play some part of the game,” Ince said. “I was very annoyed. Clemence has been to see Paul three times and two of those times he was astounding, so why he wasn't playing baffled me. He's the best goalkeeper in the Premier League as far as I am concerned.”
    Robinson was in good form as he returned to White Hart Lane for the first time since he was told that he did not have a future at the club by Juande Ramos, the former head coach, in the summer. Blackburn would have lost by more than one goal if Robinson had not been at his best and after receiving a standing ovation on the final whistle, threw his gloves to the Tottenham fans before leaving the pitch.
    Roy Keane, Ince's former United team-mate, was also feeling the heat as his Sunderland side slipped below Tottenham in the table after a 1-0 home defeat by West Ham United. “You can talk all you like about new players still finding their feet at the club, but that's little consolation after three home defeats in a row,” Keane said. “We want and we need to be doing better than that and that's why we all need to be taking responsibility. We need to sort it out. Every time the club has been in the Premier League it's been hard work or a struggle.”
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

On his way out !
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Oh boy! Violent black man! He won't last the year.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He will be given a few more games to turn this around, if nuh change, dem him gaan.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

A England so him stand a better chance

Another 10 years fi a black manager.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X