RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLS Combine!! Players and well wishers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLS Combine!! Players and well wishers...

Any player who wants to turn pro or see the MLS as a positive step toward a pro-career, and anyone here who know of a player with potential. The MLS combine will be on January 11, 2009 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Unnu do wha unnu haffi do fi be a part of it, mek applications, contact di necessary peeps because a nuff scouts fi various teams a go deh deh! Mosiah...get a player or two to be there.

We have Obrien White, Akeem Priestly and Lyle Adams of Wakeforest(Westman Nephew) who should all go in the first round. I am only a bit worried about green card status and Akeem. If it all goes true to form that would be quite an accomplishment to have three players in the first round.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No worries there bredrin. He is young enough to be on a team without them using an international roster spot according to MLS rules, and furthermore, he is good enough where a team would not think twice to give him an international roster spot if they had to.

Comment

Lyle is a projected first rounder? I haven't heard much buzz about him outside of this board.

Akeem need to step it up if he plans on making it at the next level.

White does the little things that should make him a success at the next level. I am not sure how much he will be appreciated by the Jamaican public. We will see.

Good luck to them all. A good combine can help them a long way.
        Khari stephenson and Alex Blake played their way into the MLS by having stellar combines after playing div 3 ball.

Comment

Sept. 9, 2008

GREENSBORO, N.C. - Wake Forest senior defender Lyle Adams was named ACC Men's Soccer Player of the Week, as announced by the league office on Tuesday morning. Adams becomes the second straight Demon Deacon to win the award after fellow senior Marcus Tracy received the honor last week.
          Adams enjoyed a successful two games last weekend in the Deacon Fall Classic. Against UCLA, the Orlando, Fla., native scored the game-winning goal on a header in the third minute. Off a deflected shot by Evan Brown, Adams jumped and headed the ball into the net from seven yards out to put the Deacons on top. The goal was Adams' first game-winning goal of the season.
          Against South Carolina on Sunday, Adams made a game-saving play late in the contest. With the Deacons up 1-0 in the 86th minute, Stephen Morrissey attempted a header from five yards out that appeared to be heading into the goal to tie the game at one. Adams was able to stop the ball from going into the net, clearing the ball off the line and sending it away from the net.
          Through the first four games of the season, Adams is second on the team in goals with two and is tied for second on the team in points with four. Wake Forest returns to action this weekend as it opens its ACC schedule against Clemson on Saturday night. First touch at Spry Stadium is slated for 7 p.m. (ET).
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Thanks Assasin. Lyle was born in Ja but almost all his life was spent here. He had the option of going a different route but his parents insisted that he get his education as he is a great student. He is proud to say he is on an acdemic scholarship and he refused the athletic scholarship. He was recruited by all the top schools but he was assured a starting position from day one aat Wake.

He was a striker who moved to center mid to central D and then to Left Back. He is more an attacking midfielder who plays like a winger. He is an extremely dangerous player on set plays.

He is an unknown quantity in Ja but is known by every major coach in the US system. His father was a standout at CBar and his mother was a multisport standout at westwood and at CAST. He is a big part of why Wake has been #1 most of this season and why they are defending champs.
            "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
              Thanks Assasin. Lyle was born in Ja but almost all his life was spent here. He had the option of going a different route but his parents insisted that he get his education as he is a great student. He is proud to say he is on an acdemic scholarship and he refused the athletic scholarship. He was recruited by all the top schools but he was assured a starting position from day one aat Wake.

He was a striker who moved to center mid to central D and then to Left Back. He is more an attacking midfielder who plays like a winger. He is an extremely dangerous player on set plays.

He is an unknown quantity in Ja but is known by every major coach in the US system. His father was a standout at CBar and his mother was a multisport standout at westwood and at CAST. He is a big part of why Wake has been #1 most of this season and why they are defending champs.
              What a combination - CALABAR and WESTWOOD!!!! De bwoy must come out good!!!! There should be no doubt about his allegience to the GREN, BLACK and GOLD, however, if he chooses to play for the Yanks because of Jamaica's procrastination, I can understand.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

As I said he remind me of Tyrone Marshall. Good defender, can play the defensive mid and can go up in attack when needed. Tyrone as went to college as a striker.

From the first game I say on Fox sport last year with him I say the bwoy had talent. I kept a little tab on him but it is hard to follow college ball game all the time.

I wish him all the luck.

Comment

Working...
                X