X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U-20 Men - Report

Under 20 Boyz scores big win
    Friday, 21 November 2008

Jamaica's under 20 footballers began their Group H Caribbean second round world cup qualifying campaign with a convincing 4-1 defeat of Antigua and Barbuda in Aruba Thursday night.

Davion Thorpe, Dever Orgill, Romario Campbell and Andre Campbell were the scorers.

The young Reggae Boyz will next face Aruba in their second and final game tomorrow before returning home on Sunday.

Boyz turn attention to Caribbean Cup

Meanwhile, following Jamaica's disappointing exit from the Concacaf world cup qualifying series, President of the Jamaica Football Federation Captain Horace Burrell says he wants positive results from the Digicel Caribbean Cup to be held here in December.

President Burrell recently defended his decision to appoint another overseas based head coach in John Barnes but says he will not accept playing second fiddle at the Caribbean Cup finals to be staged here from December 3 to 14.

Defending champions Haiti, arch rivals Trinidad and Tobago, Guadeloupe, Grenada, Cuba, Barbados and Antigua and Barbuda are the other teams down to compete.

Jamaica is grouped alongside Trinidad and Tobago, Grenada and Barbados in the tournament.

And in the aftermath of Jamaica's disappointing exit a number of players are expected to retire from the national team including ace midfielder Andy Williams.

Williams, 31, who made his debut for Jamaica, in 1996 has played 83 times for the national sides scoring 12 goals.

However, Williams who was called up for the

world cup qualifier game against Canadian did not play and has not ruled out playing for the national side including at the Digicel Caribbean cup next month.

Ian Goodison 35, Tyrone Marshall, 34, and Donovan Ricketts, 31, are some of the other players who could be making their exit from the national team following Jamaica's failure at another world cup attempt.
    Last edited by Karl; November 22, 2008, 09:10 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

No need for Ricketts to consider retiring!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Saw the Aruba game on the link that I posted for the forumites interested.

The Young Boyz beat Aruba 4-0. I think Orgill scored 3 of the goals for a hat-trick.

Comment

Which goalkeeper retires at 31? Please stop pushing our players thru the door!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
          Saw the Aruba game on the link that I posted for the forumites interested.

The Young Boyz beat Aruba 4-0. I think Orgill scored 3 of the goals for a hat-trick.
          Thank yuh, sah!
          Please keep posting the links!

Comment

and playing in the best form of his career.

Them musshi have a big job fi him cause the man have him degree.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
            X