Mexico DOES NOT Appear Ready For Honduras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico DOES NOT Appear Ready For Honduras

Playing in Phoenix, a neutral site, before a mostly friendly crowd, Mexico struggled to create scoring opportunities in the first half last night. The scoring chances came in the second half.

Despite using a slow, controlled buildup from the back, Mexico's defense made some terrible turnovers.

However, Mexico had a huge advantage in time of possession of the ball.

Wednesday, Mexico will be playing in front of a packed, rabid crowd in San Pedro Sula, and not in the friendly confines of Estadio Azteca. As we witnessed in The Office, Mexico is a different, and worse, team 1) on the road and 2) when the opposition takes the play to Mexico.

Simply put, Wednesday's Mexico-Honduras game will be a WAR, against a desperate Honduras team, which must win to advance to the final round of qualifying. The war will last 90 minutes, with no letup.

Yesterday's friendly match, Mexico went through the motions in the first half, then woke up and played the second half just well enough to win.

Mexico does not appear ready to fight a 90-minute war.

Ecuador is no push over team as you well know Bruce.

Good teams always win.

In terms of points last night: score 3 for Mexico and 0 for Ecuador. Thats the bottom line.

Honduras will be going at Mexico with everything!! They MUST be very careful that they are not 2 NIL down before the first half.

I would have to check the record books to look for the team that comes back to beat Mexico after they score first.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Yo Bruce I completely disagree with some of what you said...I agree that they struggled in the first half because of the physical strength of Ecuador....but remember this, the game was a practice match...you see how hard they played. If they give that effort (I expect them to play harder) against the Hondurans...they should easily get a win

Comment

Look No Further.....

USA 2, Mexico 1
        Finals of the 2007 CONCACAF GOLD CUP. (I was there in Chicago)

Mexico scored first, USA scored twice in the second half to win, and should have scored two more.

Comment

How many players from the Ecuador game will play against Honduras ? That is the key !
          Last edited by Twan; November 13, 2008, 03:50 PM.
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

I didn't see the game, but when you consider that Mexico didn't get the winner until the 94th minute (from their Argentine striker) it doesn't make the result sound too convincing.

Then again, they were using many of their backup players, so who knows...
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Working...
            X