Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here He Comes

Thursday, October 30, 2008

New national senior team football coach John Barnes is expected to arrive at 2:45 pm today at the Norman Manley International Airport, just under 48 hours before beginning his reign.
    BARNES. begins a one-week training camp in the Cayman Islands next Monday Barnes, who was appointed coach on September 16, six days after Brazilian Rene Simoes was fired as technical director, will be met on arrival by president of the Jamaica Football Federation, Captain Horace Burrell.
    The Jamaican-born former England international, who begins his one-year contract on Saturday, will receive the keys to his 2-Litre X3 BMW from representatives of Stewarts Auto Sales, sponsor of the national football programme and the Reggae Boyz.
    Barnes' first assignment takes him to the Cayman Islands next Monday, where Jamaica will resume preparations for the final match in the semi-final round of CONCACAF qualification for the 2010 World Cup against Canada on November 19.
    The camp will last for a week and involve practice games against the Cayman Islands national team and an invitational team.
    This extensive training camp will form part of the preparations for the Reggae Boyz team leading into the Digicel Caribbean Championship Finals, which is being staged in Kingston from December 1 to 15.
    The Reggae Boyz are scheduled to return to Jamaica from the Cayman Islands on Monday, November 10.
    Captain Burrell fired Brazilian Simoes on the morning of September 11, after the Boyz lost 0-2 to Honduras in San Pedro Sula the night before, a result that threw the qualifying campaign to the 2010 South Africa World Cup in a spin.
    However, interim head coach Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore guided the Reggae Boyz back into contention for one of the two automatic spots in the final phase of qualifying with 1-0 wins over Mexico (October 11) and Honduras (October 15).
    With Whitmore and Barnes at the helm, the Boyz must beat Canada in their crucial encounter at the Office and hope that Mexico do the same to Honduras in order to progress to last round of qualifiers.
    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

My sincere wish for Barnes is that he leads Jamaica to the next world cup.

Would be a good way to get-those-naysayers-off-his-back.

I think the Honduras v. MexTico will be more exciting to watch than the Jamaica v. Canada.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HL?!?

Looks like this abduction ting tekking place in Jamaica reach wi forum tuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

not just abduction....identity theft!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
        X