Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosiah, bad news for you, King will back for Canada: Burrell

Digicel Caribbean Cup boost

Jamaica’s team for the Digicel Caribbean Cup (DCC) will not be the poor cousin of the World Cup team after all. Fears that the Reggae Boyz squad would be totally local-based have been put to rest by JFF President Captain Horace Burrell.

According to Burrell, a large contingent of overseas-based campaigners including those from the MLS (USA) and the Norwegian League will be available to coach John Barnes. Both leagues will be completed in November, just in time for the DCC which will be hosted by Jamaica from December 1-15.

This list would include names such as the prolific forward Jermaine Taylor who plays in Norway, midfielder Oneil Thompson, also out of Norway, MLS defenders Tyrone Marshall and Shavar Thomas, midfielder Andy Williams and forwards Omar Cummings and Dane Richards. Other players who could form part of the squad would be Wolry Wolfe and Roen Nelson who ply their trade in Trinidad and Tobago, but are usually back in Jamaica by the end of the year.

The four top teams from the DCC will be invited to the CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States next summer.

Meanwhile, Burrell is expressing glee that top striker Marlon King will be available for Jamaica’s all-important World Cup qualifying game against Canada on November 19. King, who plays for Hull City in the English Premier League, missed Jamaica’s last game with a back ailment after being recalled to the team by coach Theodore Whitmore. He was also sidelined for the first three games in the current semifinal round by former coach Rene Simoes. In form-forwards will be most welcome by Whitmore, as Jamaica needs to win by a large margin if they are to guarantee promotion to the final round of qualification which begins next year.

Jamaica have 7 points while Honduras have 9 and Mexico lead the Group with 10. Mexico will play Honduras simultaneously in another do or die encounter. Only two teams advance.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

we have a prolific striker named jermaine taylor?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We have the trademark fi being badmind, even if we have to cut off our nose to spite our face.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Is one blood still ! Fabian is cousin to Jermaine, David and Ricardo Taylor. The latter two of StGFC of Buff Bay.

Others who will also be available to Johnny Barnes are:

Obrien White (UCONN)
        Akeem Priestly (UCONN)
        Joel Senior (Howard U)
        Ryan Johnson (San Jose)
        Rohan Ricketts (TFC) ***he would qualify but the choice is JB's**
        Luton Shelton (Belgium)?
        Rudolph Austin (Belgium)
        Khari Stephenson (Norway)
        Teofore Bennett (Angola)
        Joel Grant (England)
        Chris Harvey (Joe Public)
        Dever Orgill (Vancouver)?
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

It is amazing how three quality players can come out of a family with no great football tradition. The only member of their family that play ball I know is there uncle Bobby and this was with us at community level.

The only good thing I know is the family live accross the little ball field that the community put togather at Hart Hill so they may have spend a lot of time over there and developed themselves at a young age but take in mind that is is far from a good field. Play on it a few times and it definately not level, not all grassy and bumpy. That saying I heard that some good youth players are between Buff Bay and Annotto Bay as mi brethren MyYout tell me them a better baller than we.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No doubt some good players abound in that region. The arrival of StGFC into the DPL is testimony of the talent in Buff Bay and its surrounding environs.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I tell people that St.Georges United have one a di best corner league in Ja and they get their players from it.

It say something when your corner league better than parish d2 ball. When we came second in D2 there were three teams from the St.Georges corner league who entered D2. One came first, my team came second.
              and none of us was the best corner league team.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Darn!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

a hear yo lining up some girl fi give him a massage fi him back.

Comment

If yuh aks me, Marlon might be flying in with his own battery of masseuses! Along with some personalised bartenders!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They better not drop Dane Richards!

Dever Orgill is a kid why even mention him.

Comment

Working...
                      X