Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panama kid Torres close to dream Man Utd deal

October 31, 2006

Panama youngster Gabriel Torres will have a second trial period at Manchester United in February.

After spending some time training with Sir Alex Ferguson's side, the 18-year-old has returned home to his current club San Francisco FC and celebrates his birthday on Tuesday.

"I have always said that, in my 10 years that I have managed in Panama, Torres is one of the greatest prospects that Panamanian soccer has, with enormous potential," commented Gary Stempel, a British coach who is one of the most respected figures in Panamanian footballing circles.

"The important thing is that Torres will return in February to England to continue the preparation."

Although he also visited Elche in Spain, Stempel is talking of a possible loan to Royal Antwerp if United decide to pursue their interest in the youngster.

"Manchester are going to send the player the travel documents so that he returns to train for at least another month," Stempel told Prensa.com.

"For a 17-year-old, he's had an unforgettable experience."
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Panama kid Torres close to dream Man Utd deal

Lazie (11/1/2006)October 31, 2006

Stempel is talking of a possible loan to Royal Antwerp if United decide to pursue their interest in the youngster.
    Oh a so it really go... I am going to have to sit down and figure out this football cartel that the clubs have set up across Europe. With theamounts of talent that some of the clubs in Denmark and Belgium especially hide for big clubs to flout some law orrule you would think they would do better in the Champions League every so often.
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Working...
    X