Hue, whither the defense and speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hue, whither the defense and speed

Suh what is the real deal on Hue at this point in time? what is his fitness level and has he improved his defensive game?, if he plays a weak defensive game the success we saw with holding the Mex attack at bay and shutting down the middle will weaken significantly so instead of four fit, able fast midsman defending hard, scratching tooth and nail and also breaking hard on the counter you dramatically shift it to three real defenders shutting down the mid with one basically not being able to give what Austin brought to the field in that regard and then on the counter this is probably where his strength may come in with an ability to spray balls diagonally left and right and down the middle, let's see if that really happen.

Mosiah this is it if ever there was a time for Hue to come in and be brilliant this is probably going to be his greatest opportunity. I hope it goes well for him and for Ja. If it was my team I wouldn't do it, but my name is not Whitmore and at this point Tappas clarity of purpose in seeing this process and what we need to win as clear as Mohinder Armanath clawting a cricket ball thrown at pace look as if it is as big as a Norwich breadfruit.

More crap, Stonigut!

It is always "this is it" for Maestro. Every match he plays its his litmus test as to whether he should ever be on the side again or not. He must be the brilliant Maestro every time, or people like you never want to see him again.

Ever noticed he is only called whenthe team is up the creek. Can someone, anyone, can you, Stonigut, explain that?!?

Let me give you a little secret - Maestro is under no pressure to impress anyone or to make any sort of statement. If he plays (most likely as a sub, if even that) he will come on and do what only he can do. Who nuh like it...too freaking bad!

Morning Brickie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Morning Brickie!
      Why yuh nuh go find sinting fi do? Yuh nuh see di warm Caribbean Sea a call yuh name

Comment

Yuh right! Ah wonder if him boots dem clean after last night training?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hue is no Austin..correct..Hue is the Maestro !!

What Hue gives you offensively, Austin does not. What Austin gives you defensively Hue does not. Have you ever heard of balance in a team ?

Who says we need 11 speedy players ?

Give the man a break to bakside !
          Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Sometimes the best defense is a potent offense. . .
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
              Sometimes the best defense is a potent offense. . .

I am intrigued by the thought of Hue playing alongside (or just behind)
              a strike partner. Would he be able to create opportunies for, say a Fuller to have 5/6 clear cracks at goal? ...and Hue is no slouch himself as shooting!!!!

Would it be in our interest to win by 3 or 4 goals?
              mmmmmmmm???

...but then I am no Tappa! ...and Tappa, has so far, had great results with our national TEAMs! ...and TEAMs he has put on the field! TEAMs
              glorious TEAMs! ...no they have not yet played glorious football...but GLORIOUS TEAMplay togetherness they have given us!

...in any case - FORWARD!!!!

Aside:
              I am sure, that besides his strike-partner, Hue would also create chances for other players!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What is it - yuh want him on the field or not? Or, as is usual, you trying to cover all the bases, so at the end of the day, you were not wrong?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  What is it - yuh want him on the field or not? Or, as is usual, you trying to cover all the bases, so at the end of the day, you were not wrong?!?
                  I am willing to go in my mind to find the thoughts on what is best for our TEAM!

Just as you may have forgotten - I have always claimed Hue's techinical ability is TOP CLASS! Where I have had a problem is his value within our past TEAM structures. How is it he can make our TEAM better...or how he has not!

You may have forgotten that he has only played for us in midfield. ...and although he has fared well in terms of his passing, most often in my mind he has not made our TEAM better. In fact, there were occasions when I thought he was 'killing' the TEAM.

I know he is slow! I know that he has in the past been reluctant to provide his full energies on defense. At this moment I am thinking that playing him as the 2nd forward is best for the TEAM.

Why?

Shelton plays most of his 90 minutes and or time on the field stupidly! He holds the ball when it is often in his TEAM's (...and his own best interest) to pass. As a result he often plays for the opponent - i.e. he gives the ball away to the opponent often. It disrupts our TEAM attacks...and puts the TEAM on defense. Shelton also too frequently refuses to 'run back' when he and or hsi TEAM's offense stalls. Hue is smarter than Shelton.

I am thinking this is the last effort to use Hue's excellent technical gifts...i.e. playing him as a forward. His passing ability is excellent. He could use that brain of his and his passing ability to good TEAM effect...creating chances for those around him...i.e. his fellow strike-partner and others.

What am I saying, it is my considered opinion that Hue either makes his mark as one of our TOP STRIKERS for forget him! I have not in the least changed my position on his lack of pace, poor defensive efforts and or his good attributes. For me, as it has been from as they say, "mi yeye deh a mi 'nee", TEAM first, second, third...ad infinitum!

...and I am not Tappa! ...so Tappa shall use him or not as Tappa sees fit.

Again considering our lack in forwards...Hue's technical skills...inclusive of his shooting/goalscoring ability...need to reorganise TEAM due to unavailability of players...Hue being called to the squad...I would use him as a forward and I would start him!

Repeat - I have not changed my opinion of him as a player! He does not work hard enough for us in a TEAM I hope will be going towards TOP OF THE WORLD!

Aside: Tell me something - If we make it to World Cup 2010 what are you looking for from our TEAM? Inept 1998 like play or appearing as if we belong among World's TOP TIER TEAM? Worthy of our place on that there World's stage? ...do you want show of progress from where we were in 1998?
                  Last edited by Karl; October 15, 2008, 10:13 AM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

when yuh guh "in your mind"...mek sure yuh take lots of liquids, a grappling hook and a flashlight! ESPECIALLY di flashlight!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Karl, you have covered all the bases!

YAY!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That's just not nice. Even the Democrats have been kinder to John McCain!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i was just about to tell him to leave some bread crumbs suh him can find him way out!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            when yuh guh "in your mind"...mek sure yuh take lots of liquids, a grappling hook and a flashlight! ESPECIALLY di flashlight!

Trus mi...often I do just that!
                            ...people around me claim I "if this occurred then...on the other side if that resulted then..."
                            ...2nd guess myself much too much!

Comment

den yuh think i was just whistling dixie?!

Comment

Working...
                              X