Our path to the Hex is clear with some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our path to the Hex is clear with some help

We need to beat Honduras and Canada to get to 10 points. If we lose any of the last two games it over. Then we need Mexico to beat Honduras and we are in.

If Mexico and Honduras draw, then Honduras would have 10. I don't remember what the tie break would be but I will check it out.

Only one thing. If T. Whitmore win the Honduras game and leaves only the Canada game to take us through and J. Barnes coaches that game a loose, I think he will have to leave Jamaica, because it would be war!

Respect

For some reason I made the assumption that the Honduras vs Mexico match would have only one result...a win for either of the teams and That Canada based on their performance against our Reggae Boyz and Mexico would defeat one of those teams....and open the door for us to win all our home games and advance

The realisation hit me last night that a Mexico Honduras fix could kill us off!

...the good news is; to hell with what happens elsewhere we just need to go out and win our next two matches!
    FORWARD!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Game highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olr6CvVeUdg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnhYgt3vAV0

Comment

I dont se canada loosing all thier remaining games , and i dont see them beating Jamaica in JA.I see Mex drawing a game probably loosing one also , I see Honduras doing the same.

If we put on our scoring boots we will advance.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
          I dont se canada loosing all thier remaining games , and i dont see them beating Jamaica in JA.I see Mex drawing a game probably loosing one also , I see Honduras doing the same.

If we put on our scoring boots we will advance.
          You are a braver man than me,Canada only have pride to play for now,so i cant see them getting anything from their game against Mexico but stranger things has happened so nothing is a certainty.We need to make sure we beat Honduras on Wednesday and not worry about other results.The game against Honduras is gonna be tougher than the Mexico game,because we wont have that physical advantage over Honduras, we will need to pass the ball better and make sure we take our chances.

Comment

Mex has a hiicup problem on the road .Canada normally gives MEx a fight at home and Honduras has mental lapses a crucial games.

Well I hope ! Its a life line.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
              Mex has a hiicup problem on the road .Canada normally gives MEx a fight at home and Honduras has mental lapses a crucial games.

Well I hope ! Its a life line.
              I hope you are right X,cause i just have a strong feeling that Jamaica will win their last 2 games and if we get to the Hex we will get to the World Cup.

Comment

Mexico, Honduras shouldn't have any fix apart from Mexico sending a weak team if they are already qualified. they will probably still play hard because those two teams really hate each other.

Comment

The Mexicans strongly believe that they should beat Jamaica, Honduras and Canada easily and advance to the Hexagon with all 18 points.
                  Now with Jamaica beating Mexico, Sven is under pressure, if slightly, to win the remaining 2 games against Canada and Honduras. And winter is now approaching Canada, but Mexico will still beat Canada. Unless Canada plays for pride and gets a draw or win.

The way I see it: the Reggae Boyz need to build on their goal difference against Honduras and Canada.

Comment

The Mexican them questioning Sven's formation and selections very hard. They also seem very tired of Dos Santos and his diving antics.

Man them have a poll on Football Picante on whether is Jamaica play good, Mexico just play bad or Sven's selection mess up the team. Didn't keep watching to see the results.

Comment

A win for either Mexico or Honduras on matchday 5 and they advance to the hexagonal. In our case, its simple we can ill afford to lose or draw against "los catrachos" on Wednesday cause if we do we will be mathematically eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                        The Mexican them questioning Sven's formation and selections very hard. They also seem very tired of Dos Santos and his diving antics.

Man them have a poll on Football Picante on whether is Jamaica play good, Mexico just play bad or Sven's selection mess up the team. Didn't keep watching to see the results.
                        I have been checking stats:

Mexico vs Honduras WCQ Records

28-02-1965 • Honduras 0-1 Mexico • World Cup Qualifier • in Honduras
                        04-03-1965 • Mexico 3-0 Honduras • World Cup Qualifier • in Mexico

03-12-1973 • Honduras 1-1 Mexico • World Cup Qualifier • in Haiti
                        22-11-1981 • Honduras 0-0 Mexico • World Cup Qualifier • in Honduras
                        15-11-1992 • Mexico 2-0 Honduras • World Cup Qualifier • in Mexico
                        13-12-1992 • Honduras 1-1 Mexico • World Cup Qualifier • in Honduras
                        11-04-1993 • Mexico 3-0 Honduras • World Cup Qualifier • in Mexico
                        02-05-1993 • Honduras 1-4 Mexico • World Cup Qualifier • in Honduras
                        21-09-1996 • Honduras 2-1 Mexico • World Cup Qualifier • in Honduras
                        06-11-1996 • Mexico 3-1 Honduras • World Cup Qualifier • in Mexico
                        20-06-2001 • Honduras 3-1 Mexico • World Cup Qualifier • in Honduras
                        11-11-2001 • Mexico 3-0 Honduras • World Cup Qualifier • in Mexico

As much as Mexico has an excellent win record against Honduras I still say the Reggae Boyz need to build on their goal difference.

Comment

Was watching ESPN Espanol last night one piece of argument about why them lose and blaming it on the forwards, couldn't catch all the details, but it was very animated.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                            A win for either Mexico or Honduras on matchday 5 and they advance to the hexagonal. In our case, its simple we can ill afford to lose or draw against "los catrachos" on Wednesday cause if we do we will be mathematically eliminated.
                            The Reggae Boyz need to score 3 clear goals against Honduras on Wednesday; if the score ends 3-1 then we simply need to score those 3 goals against Canada on the last matchday. Because there is no way that Mexico will want to lose against Honduras which give us the +1 goal difference and 10 points to advance ahead of Honduras.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                              The Reggae Boyz need to score 3 clear goals against Honduras on Wednesday; if the score ends 3-1 then we simply need to score those 3 goals against Canada on the last matchday. Because there is no way that Mexico will want to lose against Honduras which give us the +1 goal difference and 10 points to advance ahead of Honduras.

At this point, I just want to see another win (3pts) posted in the win column. I dont care how much goals we score as long as Honduras loses.

The maximum amount of points we can finish with is 10. Mex and Honduras are currently on 9 pts and we're on 4. There are many scenarios that can happen but right now we have to win and put pressure on the Honduras and Mexico. Remember we're still in a "must win" situation while theyre still 5 pts clear so they have some breathing space.

Comment

Working...
                              X