What speed and skill combi can do?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What speed and skill combi can do?!

Yes, that is the side I know we have, the man them play a nice tight defense most of the game allowing little continued penetration into the heart of defense, I saw forwards, yes! forwards working hard on defense. I saw a full effort and I saw Anansi ball the way it should be played, hard core defense beating the opponent for 50-50 balls with speed and determination, I saw the shape of the defense through most of the match, I saw great counter attacks upon the break up of Mex attacks, however we did see poor finishing, or maybe not finishing as in many cases we did not even get off a shot, so poor pre- shot finishing, wasting the ball before we could even get off the shot.

What I saw most of all in terms of competitive advantage was speed and skill on the flank with Fuller and Campbell Ryce from here on C-Rice, unbelievable, the youth was tearing up the flank like Paul Hall, with skill and speed as well, the Mex defense had no idea what he was doing, he might as well have been an octopus with eight legs, as they couldn't figure where he was going and when they did he beat them with pace. He had quite a few wasted passes as well he needs to improve his consistency overall. CRice was my man of the game.

This was a Phenomenal game, I screamed and shouted the whole game, that is just the tip of the iceberg of what this team is capable of, I have always thought we have the potential to be the class of the Concacaf, this shows a little bit of that, did you also see the opening after the national anthem our guys looked like giants compared to the Mex team, we have very clear and distinct adavantages over most of our Concacaf trivals except the US and we cannot put ourselves in a position to consistently demonstrate this.

All right Honduras next, what will we have to do to get these Canadians to do something, we desperately needed a draw from them today and they could not deliver, well we need a win from them now vs Mex as Mex will have no incentive to win the last game vs Honduras if they don't lose vs Can. thus that game will e a draw and they both go through even if ja beats Hon.

It really is a shame if we have again figured how to not make another WC and waste another great crop of players we probably will not see another great central defender like Marshall (a combination of intelligence, passion, experience, patience and skill) for a while as he will be too old for the next campaign, Bibi might make it but I think not, Fuller starting to get up there in age too. Anyway, wicked win onward to Hon in Ja.

Good talk StoniG.
    -Granny will go down as one of our best ever defenders.
    -Pepe will likely be hailed as the best ever.
    -JCR is for real! I've watched him play some games in England and he is awesome.
    -I'm not a Claude Davis fan but I must admit that he played a helluva game last night.
    -Fuller answered his critics with a splendid goal. We need that from him more often.
    -Demar Phillips, to me, had a very quiet but effective game.
    -Ricketts still kicking too many balls upfield. Possession is a huge percentage of the game and every time Ricketts gets the ball he kicks it upfield to to opponents and then we have to win it back. Makes no sense!
    -Bibi plays better in midfield than as a left back. I have been saying that for years!
    -Tappa selected a very good squad to execute the type of game he had in mind.
    -Prof Rene Simoes set back our qualification by not including our best players.
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Campbell-Ryce speed?
      He was destroying his attackers with guile and his 1st step after the 'pop'!! He chased the ball twice in all the match that I can remember...(I am reviewing the match and writing a match report). One he was wide on the wing and had no opponent challenging...and another he took two steps and fired in the ball which went for a corner. That was it (as I can remember)! Never had reason to chase with a defender hot on his heels.

...unless you meant quickness of feet...as he demonstrated time and again as he 'popped' his defender...rather than pace across ground?!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

...and Tappa's slotting in Damion "Stew Peas" Stewart for Claude worked well!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

bibi in midfield?!!! what the HELL yu talking about?!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            bibi in midfield?!!! what the HELL yu talking about?!!
            Wasn't that something at the start of each half and re-start after our goal he would line up wide on the left at the back...but would most often be found in midfield...on the left and on the right or even further forward?

Formations are over-rated!!!!

Comment

I really don't know how fast he is but he got the ball on the wing on many occasions and motored down pretty fast, i have not seen anyone catch him yet. One in particular where two guys tried to trap him. He beat the trap and used foot speed to get around the last guy when i thought he would have no chance to even touch the ball much less cross it. Trust me, this youth have at least 11.0 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                I really don't know how fast he is but he got the ball on the wing on many occasions and motored down pretty fast, i have not seen anyone catch him yet. One in particular where two guys tried to trap him. He beat the trap and used foot speed to get around the last guy when i thought he would have no chance to even touch the ball much less cross it. Trust me, this youth have at least 11.0 speed.

Campbell Ryce pace and first touch was very good last night. He looked very quick and his pace and skill unlocked Mexico numerous times down the right side. It makes me wonder what Simoes was thinking all along.

Comment

This is one time I can agree with you that I don't know what Simoes was thinking. Any squad that should have either JCR, Omar Daley or JJ. Otherwise we are simply lacking pace on the right hand side of our attack.

Do you think we have any player in the midfield ahead of Austin at his position? I recall your saying he is not ready for Intl ball, but I think he is more ready than any other option we have.

Comment

Working...
                  X