CARRICK'S COMING GOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CARRICK'S COMING GOOD

<P class=big>Sir Alex Ferguson insists £18.6 million Michael Carrick is proving himself to be a'real Manchester United player'.

United were held to ransom by Tottenham Hotspur for the 25-year-old as they desperately looked to bolster their midfield armourythis summer.

The significant price tag and the absence of an immediately discernible impact at Old Trafford led to some to question the England international's ability.

But he has been increasingly effective in recent weeks setting up Wayne Rooney with a delicious defence splitting ball for the opener in the 4-0 mauling of Bolton Wanderers and finding Louis Saha for the third.

Carrick and Paul Scholes have developed a strong midfield partnership, despite questions over their defensive abilities and Ferguson believes the club are reaping the rewards for their investment.

"People are always picking on things players can't do whereas they should actually be concentrating on the things they can," Ferguson explained.

"Michael is one of those unassuming quiet guys, who just goes about his job and never gives the ball away.

"But his range of passing can win you games. He has great potential and is a real Manchester United player."

United are set to stick with their star men for the UEFA Champions League match against Copenhagen on Wednesday.

The Red Devils need just one point to safeguard their qualification to the next stage of the competition, but Ferguson looks set to stick with his first XI so as to avoid any disruption to the team's fine form thus far.

"We want to win the group and we want to keep our form right, so I will play my strongest team and go for the win," he added.

"Copenhagen are a good technical team. Some of their approach play at Old Trafford was very good but on the night they couldn't find the finish.

"They were quick, organised quickly and did well in midfield and I don't believe that will change this week.

"If we concentrate and defend properly, I believe we have a very good chance."

With Patrice Evra (ankle) The Red Devils' only doubt, Gabriel Heinze is set to fill in at left back, as he looks to complete his comeback from injury.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: CARRICK'S COMING GOOD

Yes, Lazie affi lift him hat to Carrick fi dem 2 passes dem, especially that left footed pass to Saha.

I'm still very concerned about the tackling in the midfield though.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie you are always concerned.....yu a come in like Granny Aggie. Stop worry so much. His knighthood Sir Alex has everything under control iyah. Chelsea in a world a trouble. - T.K.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Looking at last year's figures, the top tacklers for Chelsea was Essien and Claude while the top tackler for ManU was Rio. The fact is we need someone in the middle of the park to do some tackling. I guess the fact that we have the best defense (anybody see Balla ) ppl can turn a blind eye.

Lazie know what him talking bout, why yuh think SAF was chasing Owen Hargreves so hard?

Comment

Lazie yu is a don man. Nuh worry Ben Olsen deh 'bout. - T.K.
          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Big Balla, still overpriced though, Lazie u shoulda know sem im good when ArsenEal Wenger was a look at him when Vieira was leaving the first go around and Big SidEEE!!! changed their minds when Vieira decided to stay.

Betta balla than who you always a try big up at Tottenham Jermaine Jenas.

He is very similar to our own Gilberto Silva, very unassuming, but not the brute force tackler or STEEL in MidFEEL like the Guvernor Ince, Roy Keene or Patrick V but instead he is more of an interceptor.

Maybe he will grow to have a crunching tackle but I doubt it.

Can you tell me why all the teams play Massive Anti-Football against Big SidEEE!!! it is getting pretty irritating. But all they want is to "NICK" a point
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Behave yuhself Mexx, 18 million quid is TOO MUCH fi pay fi Carrick, especially after Spurs got Zakora fi either 6 or 8 million?

Comment

Wait deh man, who dat a come,

Den me nah agree wid u Breds.

Now do you finally agree with the 10th Guru Dan that he is better than Jenas
                http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...w-kit-0708.gif the wisdom and courage of my mind and the strength and vigour of my body", to enable them to enjoy a better life. I ask God's blessings on our nation. I ask for His guidance on the government that I will lead as we face the challenges of the future. I know that we can't even walk without Him holding our hands. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...aa20b58a33.gif

Comment

Seeing that I've seen both players LIVE (bigup HL), Jenas is a much more mobile player and will win more tackles, Carrick as I've seen him being referred to is the Pass Master.

Then again, as I told Shatta a while back in regards to Quinton Fortune, ordinary players walk into manu's dressing room and come out ... its like Clarke Kent going in a phone booth.

Comment

Absolutely true!!!!!!!!

Blessed

Comment

Personally speaking, it is either Carrick or Scholes to play alongside the proven warrior,Alan Smith.

Lazie, wha kinda shegery Ferie a chat as if it really easier fi Smith mek the team as a striker than a midfielder.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                      X