The issue of local players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The issue of local players

have to be seriously addressed by our current admin. They need to chart a path for our program.

We can't just call in UB40s right before qualifiers and Gold Cup and expect results. We can't just slight the local players and then expect them to give hundred percent and be ready for competition.

As for our fair weather fans who when we lose with UB40s who are saying "we have better player a yaad" and when we lose with players in Ja "them nuh good" We choose the easiest way out by asking for saviors.

Jamaica football need to chart a path that will get more of our best 18-21 year old players in the program, chart a part where we include targeted UB40 players who know our system and provide more games and platform for the team to progress with.

Everybody talking about putting the best 11 out there, but who is the best 11?? there is always a good player left out when we lose. We simply have to be better prepared at all level.

I hope Burrell do some serious revamping, if not like Boxhill him will have to disappear in the twilight soon. That is one area where we can work with the chinese since we a go have straight flight to China. I hope our players in the Nordic and places like Beligum realise they have to be ambassador so the door can be open for others so we can build to the future.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    I hope Burrell do some serious revamping, if not like Boxhill him will have to disappear in the twilight soon.
    Nuh dat did happen why wi did end up wid Boxhill!?!?! Den unnu cuss wi!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Before we say Burrell must go, let us have someone competent to replace him (I am sure we can find someone with a higher standard than Boxhill). We really don't need to have any more Creston situations.

Comment

Mo mi have no problem with Burrell going is just that we must coulda find a better candidate.

Boxhill just wasn't ready from day one. How can you not have a General Secetary in mind from day one?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well mi did talk bout the 80s cause we had many like Boxhill then.

I am not advocating throwing Burrell just yet but he has 4 years and he has to start thinking long term after this world cup qualifier first round.

Comment

It was never about "Crenston". It was about a plan that was solid and well thought out. The Boxhill team had some good people in it.

If faced with a similar situation, the delegates would do the same thing again. Just as long as Boxhill was not there. But there was no way they would have known then what we all know now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It had some very shady characters backing it as well.

Comment

We can't just call in UB40s right before qualifiers and Gold Cup and expect results
                Who are you refering to as UB40? We have almost a whole team of homegrown talent to choose from in England. If they are the best on the island and got foreign contracts they are the one's who should be on the field. As a matter of fact dem should leff Johhny inna England fi run some camp from time to time while Tappa stay in yard and run a camp wit the locals.

Comment

They sell our police guns, why can't they give us some footballs too?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ok then overseas players then.

Comment

Well the answer remains the same. Those guys were the best on the island and got foreign contracts. They are our best.

Comment

That wasn't even the best crop of local players Simoes selected. He was pressured by everyone because he allegedly chose too many Portmore players, thus having to rely on players from ruxy teams like HVIEW, Reno etc. Think about it, Portmore are the reigning local champs and not even one of our players was selected for WCQ. That's jus plain stupid.

Comment

have to be seriously addressed by our current admin. They need to chart a path for our program.

We can't just call in UB40s right before qualifiers and Gold Cup and expect results. We can't just slight the local players and then expect them to give hundred percent and be ready for competition.

As for our fair weather fans who when we lose with UB40s who are saying "we have better player a yaad" and when we lose with players in Ja "them nuh good" We choose the easiest way out by asking for saviors.

Jamaica football need to chart a path that will get more of our best 18-21 year old players in the program, chart a part where we include targeted UB40 players who know our system and provide more games and platform for the team to progress with.

Everybody talking about putting the best 11 out there, but who is the best 11?? there is always a good player left out when we lose. We simply have to be better prepared at all level.

I hope Burrell do some serious revamping, if not like Boxhill him will have to disappear in the twilight soon. That is one area where we can work with the chinese since we a go have straight flight to China. I hope our players in the Nordic and places like Beligum realise they have to be ambassador so the door can be open for others so we can build to the future.
                          You slight no one if you always play best available players.
                          Simple - If you want to make the TEAM become 'best'!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Who should have been selected and instead of whom?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

who decide the best available? the coach, the JFF or the fans?

Comment

Working...
                              X