People round here continuously mek up noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    yuh want to talk olympics or yuh want to talk football? mek up yuh mind!
    Wait ... suh the popluation factor nuh relevant wid T&F? Or its an excuse fi prop up the myth bout abundance of talent?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

as i said...mek up yuh mind ... yuh want to talk t&f? we can....let's finish football first.....

in terms of sheer numbers does JA has .5 of a % as much players as the USA....i think that is 1 for every 200 players

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

as i said...mek up yuh mind ... yuh want to talk t&f? we can....let's finish football first.....

in terms of sheer numbers does JA has .5 of a % as much players as the USA....i think that is 1 for every 200 players
        Yuh seem to be perfecting the art of dandy shandy now Gamma. When unuh guh after HL for saying "nothing good nuh come from Jamaica" (if thats the exact quote), how unuh quick fi draw fi T&F). What people use it fi prop up dem argument?

Again I ask, of the 25 Freddies and the abundance of talent ... how come they aren't playing in the top leagues throughout the world?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

first things first. HL said "nothing world class come from Ja" By doing that he was no referring to any one sport. That was a general statement.

You on the other had was talking about football. If you include Track and Field we have about 100 Freddie Adu then.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            first things first. HL said "nothing world class come from Ja" By doing that he was no referring to any one sport. That was a general statement.

You on the other had was talking about football. If you include Track and Field we have about 100 Freddie Adu then.
            We've proven ourselves in T&F. In football Simoes was trying to bring back Tappa. That should put certain myth to rest but I guess some nuh want fi face the music.

Comment

Lazie first thing is Freddie Adu is still unproven quantity. You nuh hear nobody comparing Jamaicans to Mesi or Ronaldo.

The fact is Tappa accomplishment surpass Freddy Adu's.

If you are going by Simoes the fact that he could have drafted about 5 under 20 players in any one squad should tell you something.

The only thing the youth them need is good consistent training. When they get that they rise like Omar Cummings doing right now, Like Akeem Priestly and Obrien White is doing now, Like Orgill is doing with the Whitechaps, Like Lyle Adams is doing right now at Wake Forest, Like Luton Shelton is doing in Norway, Like Austin is doing in Norway. So before you write off the youth them give them a chance.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"nutten good nuh come from jamaica".....is a bald broad statement (in case yuh neva notice).

25 freddy adu's relates to football...yuh si di difference. suh when ..... yuh have the numbers......come forward.

you should be BANNED from accusing anyone of dandy shandy.....mi still have the 'phone # in case yuh stop dodging long enough to make the call....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

that is for later...i still trying to set some groundwork wid twinkletoes here!

Comment

Lazie first thing is Freddie Adu is still unproven quantity. You nuh hear nobody comparing Jamaicans to Mesi or Ronaldo.

The fact is Tappa accomplishment surpass Freddy Adu's.

If you are going by Simoes the fact that he could have drafted about 5 under 20 players in any one squad should tell you something.

The only thing the youth them need is good consistent training. When they get that they rise like Omar Cummings doing right now, Like Akeem Priestly and Obrien White is doing now, Like Orgill is doing with the Whitechaps, Like Lyle Adams is doing right now at Wake Forest, Like Luton Shelton is doing in Norway, Like Austin is doing in Norway. So before you write off the youth them give them a chance.
                    Write off? Point out where you see me doing any such thing. The reality is jokers round here keep fooling demselves bout 25 Freddy and abundance of talent.

Until people stop fooling demselves .. we won't see the need to make some serious changes.

Comment

Did you respond to my post or just repeating the same thing?

The fact that we have talent and they are not developing is a cause for serious change.

Men track and field went through that after Raymond Stewart. There was a little time when we had no runner passing the semis in the hundred at the olympics despite having good youth runners.

Comment

let me just cut to the chase. the talent is there..the development of that talent isn't.

IF jamaican youngsters had the exposure freddy had (not to mention the marketing hype) .... you would see for yourself.

only person fooling themself is you in thinking that there is not an abundance of talent in jamaica at the youth level......the problem, DEVELOPMENT!!!!

Comment

Did you respond to my post or just repeating the same thing?

The fact that we have talent and they are not developing is a cause for serious change.

Men track and field went through that after Raymond Stewart. There was a little time when we had no runner passing the semis in the hundred at the olympics despite having good youth runners.
                          Give us facts?
                          Please?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

MVP and the High Performance Centre....beijing best medal haul ever! fact or conjecture?!!!

Comment

When Bailey and Christie win, how many Jamaicans were in the finals?

Remember that these were Canadian and British runners.

Comment

let me just cut to the chase. the talent is there..the development of that talent isn't.

IF jamaican youngsters had the exposure freddy had (not to mention the marketing hype) .... you would see for yourself.

only person fooling themself is you in thinking that there is not an abundance of talent in jamaica at the youth level......the problem, DEVELOPMENT!!!!
                                Yuh start out good, but messed it up wid yuh last paragraph. Some talent exist ...but abundance? What yuh smoking Gamma?

How many of our players got a break in the MLS and was released after their first year? How many times our "talented" stars come up agains the incompetent Freddy yet dem end up losing?

Explain to me why Adu in France and Josy is in Spain, yet our "25 Freddies" cannot be seen?

Comment

Working...
                                X