Courtney Livingston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courtney Livingston

Forumites, today is the 2nd anniversary of the passing of former RBSC president and founder Courtney Edward Livingston. Courtney left us two short years ago without notice. I still remember the discussion we were having and while I awaited his response, I got the word from Mosiah on his passing. It took me a while to get myself together. . .

RIP Courtney.

Tribute
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Hail, Livi!
    Sleep well!
    Respek!

-------------
    Tilla: Good post, sah!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Gone but not forgotten. RIP big man.
      Peter R

Comment

Never forgotten!

I think of him all the time. When Simoes was fired, I wondered what he woud have said. Courtney was very upset when Simoes left in 2000.

Mankind...you are still here with us.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Liverpool sent a message 2-1

Respek..Big Man ! RBSZC & LIVERPOOL FE LIFE!
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

It was Saturday, I was going through some stuff ("Spring cleaning") and I saw the card with his pic they handed out at the funeral...still remember the lovely horn player, meeting his family, his Dad, sister, brother...Courtney was one of a kind. RIP.

Comment

big up to the big man whereever he is.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He is really missed.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Never met Courtney--but we operated as if we knew each other...

I thought about him while i watched the Liverpool v. Man. U. game on Saturday...

What i liked about him most was that: "He was his own man. He did not appear to run with the pack...".
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Mankind
                      RIP

Comment

It seems like just yesterday that he and I were talking about Arnett, the Boyz...and Liverpool. He had high high hopes for Arnett for sure and was a Might RIP Courtney.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

It seems like just yesterday that he and I were talking about Arnett, the Boyz...and Liverpool. He had high high hopes for Arnett and was a Mighty Red for sure. RIP Courtney.

YNWA
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Never met him in person, but we had one telephone conversation when he called me about some plans he had for Arnett and the website in particular but based on the outpouring here it was obvious he had cast a long shadow.

Sleep well big man...
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

absolutely....he had a view of those who stay from far and diagnose.....

GREAT fellow......i really miss courtney.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X