How high is the blue-mountain peak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How high is the blue-mountain peak

in comparison to Mexico city? I remember going on a camp up there must have been about 20 years ago (when I was about 11/12) as a boy scout.. from waht i can recall it was very chilly up there and yes, we regularly got nose bleeds, and tired easily.

Looks like we have a candidate for an altitude training base right here in Jamaica.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

It look you want the man dem fi train inna coffee fields?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I hiked there bout 5 years ago, and it is over 7,000 feet above sea level. One thing for sure, you must be in good health to take the trek to the top. Most people hike to the top, and sleep overnight, then get up at the crack of dawn to the sun rising. Not sure it is logistically possible to set up a training camp in the blue mountains.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

We trained in the Blue Mountains for 2 months before our U-17 tournament in Mexico City.

Comment

den how di army have training base up in newcastle?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Newcastle and Blue Mountain Peak are two different things completely!

Newcastle is about 4,000 ft up.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What were you training for, Brickie?

All I know about Newcastle is di place steep nuh cla.at! A bare step! I guess a football team could train up there, but there might not be much ballwork, just running hills.

Time now wi stop talking about beating this altitude thing. The first thing we need to do is play good football. Let's cross that bridge first.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And i'have witnessed at least one game where we went to the Azteca and played good football. Or tried to. I remeber one game where we came away with a 2-1 defeat...Boyd I think scored the goal.
                President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

well, we need more of those.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As mi say a mussi inna coffee field them a go train. From Buff Bay to right back to NewCastle, not one sensible field fi do nothing. Them have field inna Bangor Ridge inna a grave yard. When you hit the ball it bounce offa grave etc. Them have another one up inna Portland up inna the mountain when Bowler a come umpire have fi say "Man a come" because the runup to the wicket too steep.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Played good football in Azteca? We did not play good football in that 2-1 game. We were garbage and facing a team 10 times better than we were.
                      Donald Stewart was a disaster and Garth Peterkin came into the game and was also below the standard.

Boyd's goal was out of nowhere.

Comment

Yes it was running not ballwork.

Comment

Not ball training, fitness training to get acclimatised to the altitude.

Comment

Time now wi stop talking about beating this altitude thing. The first thing we need to do is play good football. Let's cross that bridge first.
                            Same thing I am saying too. If you compare Mexico vs Canada and Mexixco Vs Jamaica games at the Azteca both teams played there recently, you will see that Canada played well against the Mexicans, desipte the loss. Our game now was. . .to borrow a word from no Mercy "nonexistent".

Yes, we focus first on playing food football and the altitude thing will take care of itself.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                              We trained in the Blue Mountains for 2 months before our U-17 tournament in Mexico City.
                              Am I hearing you say you were on the national under-12 team BT? What year was that?
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X