Richard ' daddy germs' Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard ' daddy germs' Austin

the ex-windies cricketer, how many goals did he score for Arnett Garden when they won the NPL title in 1978.....And how good was he in ur view.
    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Hard worker!
    Played an intelligent game.
    Fairly good speed across ground.

Goals scored?
    About 7-10 would be my guesstimate.
    Excellent TEAM man!
    ...and I found him a 'nice person'!

How is he?
    Where is he now?
    I know he had 'issues'.
    ...and btw - I always thought he was called "Danny Germs"!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

last time I saw him he was on Hope Road a walk the street mad...that was in 98...I wasn't alive when he was playing cricket but my daddy tell me his story...real sad...one of the many people that were born in the wrong era. Back then West Indies had too many all rounders for him to play and that mad him...now we can't even find one

Comment

His always had a discipline problem too. Were it not for that he would have had a decent international career.

It is a pretty well known story that on a tour with the Windies he stashed away some weed in Skipper Lloyds luggage.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Rumour. But he did play with Kerry Packer and made some money. Saw him play Major League...was very active on the ball.

Comment

.and btw - I always thought he was called "Danny Germs"!

yeah ur right 'bout dat
            “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Working...
            X