The Boyz were very tired - Simoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boyz were very tired - Simoes

Technical Director Rene Simoes was not in Jamaica’s starting eleven which lost 0-3 to Mexico in the Azteca on Saturday night, but he looked so tired after the game, one would believe he was on the pitch bat some stage.

“I am tired,” Simoes said after the game. “If I am so tired, can you imagine the players. I am to be blamed. I did the programme, unfortunately it didn’t work. We should have come here 48 hours before the game.”

The team arrived in Mexico late Friday night after flight delays in Miami and did not get a chance to practice at the Stadium before the game. On arrival they were hassled by a horde of the Mexican media personnel.

The loss was therefore not a surprise to anyone, but the team looked lazy compared to their performance against Canada in August.

“I think for this game I will have to take responsibility because what we planned didn’t work. Our plan was to arrive here yesterday (Friday) have a practice, but everything went against us, we didn’t have a chance to go to the Stadium, we couldn’t rest, so we don’t have to blame the players, I am to be blamed,” stressed the coach.

Jamaica were by far the number two team on the pitch for the entire 90 minutes, giving up to Andres Guardado in the third minute, Fernando Arce in minute 33 and Jonny Magallon in minute 63.

Simoes promised a better display from the team when they play Honduras in San Pedro Sula on Wednesday. “The performance of some of the players today was poor, but against Honduras it will be different. I told the players to be cool, and let’s learn from our mistakes and correct them against Honduras.

With consecutive wins, Mexico are on top with six points, Honduras are on three points after beating Canada 2-1 in Montreal while Canada and Jamaica are on one point each. The Jamaicans arrived in Honduras earlier today.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Simoes is the real boss...mi say it already the wagon door lock...ANY BOYYYY weh try jump pon the wagon might be introduced to a rusty lass...drive!!!!!! driver!!!!!!!....road!!!!!!!! HONDURAS wi a go next!!!!!!!

Comment

Actually...wi reach Honduras aready !!

Suh now is time to....

Comment

rahtid...sound like yuh deh inna one a the seat them quite comfortable...ROAD DRIVER!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yet another excuse. Why would you arrive 24 hours before you have to play a WCQ in a foreign country? You dont have to be a football genius to know thats just plain stupid.

So now its "Ive told the guys to be cool...and we should try and learn from our mistakes" with another important game 4 days later.

Comment

remember the man didn't want to risk 2 nights of discomfort in Mexico (taco bell band playing on the floor they are sleeping on in the hotel, fans making noise consistently trying to hamper their rest)...remember they had flight delays...

mi nah try find an excuse but we suppose to understand now why them play so bad...mi nah say mi buy into it fully but is a valid reason, not an excuse...note the man say him tek full responsibility

Comment

Mi nuh know bout how tired they were because Wolf and Goodison didn't seem to have the same issues the rest were having.

Comment

Maybe Wolfe and Pepe have more "staying power" than the rest.

Comment

The 2nd half was much better than the 1st. Now, if they build on that on Wednesday, then a victory is not imppossible. The Mexico game, will serve as a good lesson for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                    Yet another excuse. Why would you arrive 24 hours before you have to play a WCQ in a foreign country? You dont have to be a football genius to know thats just plain stupid.

So now its "Ive told the guys to be cool...and we should try and learn from our mistakes" with another important game 4 days later.
                    When would have gone to Mexico?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Maybe Wolfe has better conditioning, playing in a better league in Trinidad...and coming off a hard game vs. New England?

Comment

Empty rhetoric will not get us there...don't want to burst your bubble still....I think the team can only improve and they have to WANT IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                          Maybe Wolfe has better conditioning, playing in a better league in Trinidad...
                          Better than what?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mls????
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Hee ha ha, dat one dey ah kill me dread!

Comment

Working...
                              X