No announcement yet.

Goodison ..Thats all I have to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Burton? Can we be consistent with our argument? Please?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      Twan you left the most important name out.Nyron Nsworthy.
      Cant be bothered with the Nugsy argument again and again, beat the horse to death. THE MAN NUH WAAN PLAY FI WI !!!
      Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

And he does not convince a lot of people that he has the requisite skills to make a difference, despite his BPL credentials and other utterings.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
          Pepe was involved in 2 "foot races", and he did well. One with Vela, and I think the other was Santos. I was actually surprised at how well he did for his "age". In the VELA race, he kept him on the outside and and forced him to run the ball out of play.

Pepe was never blessed with speed, but has HEART and a lot of ball SENSE.
          He did a great job! ...in fact, now you have me thinking of it again - there were 2 others and he timed his 'slide-tackle' very, very well! On one his opponent stepped on him...and I think he had to leave the field.

btw - Earlier the Mexican center-half stepped on/into...raised foot stamp into...his shin...that was a very dangerous foul. Players have legs broken under such attacks. That was a sending off offense.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Cant be bothered with the Nugsy argument again and again, beat the horse to death. THE MAN NUH WAAN PLAY FI WI !!!
            Twan, mi even break it down fi dem as to why de man nuh waan play fi wi nuh more and dem refuse to listen. Dem feel bettah tinking dat Simoes come back a Yard fi screw wi ova.

Comment

The tackle by Marquez was a definite red card , how the American\Mexican ref didnt give that colour is beyond me!!! he had absolutely no intention of playing the ball and every intention of "breaking" the man leg.

He (Marquez) must have realised that Pepe was giving his forwards a torrid time and opted to seek revenge.

Comment

The tackle by Marquez was a definite red card , how the American\Mexican ref didnt give that colour is beyond me!!! he had absolutely no intention of playing the ball and every intention of "breaking" the man leg.
                Pepe saw it coming and rode the tackle/had his foot giving/pulled his foot away as fast as he possible could in the direction of the damaging blow.

He (Marquez) must have realised that Pepe was giving his forwards a torrid time and opted to seek revenge.
                I think that was it!
                Can't say it too often - Pepe did a heck of a job. Our Man of the Match by a country mile!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

didn't he have a better game playing in the office and scoring against Mexico? Was that before he went to England?

That argument of yours can't win any case.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nothing like that Karl. Timing is everything. You know you can't run you put yourself in position not to be beaten.

Halfside trap is also a very good tool. Pepe may not be good at running but what he is good at is stretching, sliding, Marking players and reading the plays on the ground which make up for running down people. Instead of foot race what a defender need to do sometimes is let the player go outside and wide instead of running him down. Pepe know all of this better than any other we have.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I didn't see the game BUT it is amazing that we are singing the praises of ONE MAN after a 3-0 loss. This was the man that shouldn't be on the team based on recent performances. I have seen him play - and yes - he is slow......so I guess we have nothinng to sing about.

Comment

Isn't Burton an experienced overseas based player. What did he do yesterday?

Comment

He did what 90% of the team did.

ABSOLUTELY NUTTING !!!

next ?

Comment

Originally posted by Exile View Post
                            I didn't see the game BUT it is amazing that we are singing the praises of ONE MAN after a 3-0 loss. This was the man that shouldn't be on the team based on recent performances. I have seen him play - and yes - he is slow......so I guess we have nothinng to sing about.
                            Stop chatting nonsense. Based on recent performances Goodison has played better than Jermaine Taylor, Damion Stewart, Demar Stewart and Adrian Reid. Mi wasn't big on Peppe starting, but unlike those players he hasn't been making stupid mistakes and he is getting beat less often than them.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                              Isn't Burton an experienced overseas based player. What did he do yesterday?
                              What has Burton done for the last 3 years in club football or internationals?

Comment

if a laugh a pop up to rhatid.

"screw we over" What you call our achievement against England, Austrialia, Ghana, St.Vincent, Iran, and the Asian countries?

We did a good job of that before Simoes came.

Comment

Working...
                                X