In light of Honduras vital.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In light of Honduras vital.......

away win in Canada and the fact that they are now second in the group...what should we do on Wednesday against them in San pedro Sula? We need to get an away win. A point will not help us that much now. This may just come down to a battle between us and them for the second spot. I think Canada is finished.

1. Note to Simoes spokesman. Sass..please advise the Professor that we need to stop playing the ball from the back over the top to our forwards. It nullifies our midfielders and puts added pressure on our defense.

2. We need a strong tough holding midfield player to put pressure on the opposing team's midfield players. I watched the Canada/Honduras match and David Suazo and Carlos Costly combined for both goals. We will need pace at the back to handle both of those players that like to run and cut inside defenders. I think Marshall is just too slow and Austin will get burned trying to defend those players. Lastly we need Shelton and Fuller to start and have Wolry Wolfe playing in behind both strikers as a link player.

Any other suggestions or comments feel free to weigh in......

oh how nice it wouldve been to have Nyron,D. Stewart and possibly Christopher Harvey in the mix in these qualifiers. I guess if youre a TD with a big ego you will alienate some of your best players.

Comment

As a Bolton fan, it hurts to say it: Simoes reminds me of Gary Megson. Can't manage flair players, can't manage egos (including his own), runs out of ideas quickly. Lucky me to have both of them to deal with at once...
      Usain "Lightning" Bolt - 9.58 secs. WR.

Comment

How soon unnu forget?

Before Simoes came, with that wonderful midfield unnu talking bout and defense unnu figet the scorelines. 6 or 7 to England. 5 to Austraulia and Ghana, 9 from Iran. 2-1 from St.Vincent etc. Unnu nuh seem to remember.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          How soon unnu forget?

Before Simoes came, with that wonderful midfield unnu talking bout and defense unnu figet the scorelines. 6 or 7 to England. 5 to Austraulia and Ghana, 9 from Iran. 2-1 from St.Vincent etc. Unnu nuh seem to remember.

Those teams didnt have enough preparation and time to gel with each other so that was expected. What you fail to realise is that Simoes' appointment has taken this current reggaeboyz team 10 steps back instead of going forward. While doing that he also managed to brainwash both you and ReggaeFan into believing that he is doing his best for our nation.

Do you remember several months back when I publicly stated on this forum that he is a "con artist"? remember when he left us and took up the Trinidad TD post? He used their media to write letters to socawarrior fans to plug support and brainwash their nation into believing that he had their best interest at heart. He used to use his proverbial" jesus saves" argument and also make quotes from the bible but the TTFF fired him after a year in the post.

Since his return to Jamaica, he's been doing the exact same thing with Jamaicans using our media to appear like he cares about us using our his spiritual quotes to play on people's minds. Thats what a con artist does. They will steal from you and make it appear otherwise. If our federation has any sense, they will fire him when this semifinal round has ended regardless if we advance or not.

And to think that people thought Crenston's hiring of Milutinovic was bad for our program?

Comment

Living up to that name, huh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Living up to that name, huh?

Like Simoes, I can give you my spiritual quote too. Care to hear it?

Comment

you gwen fight it till the bitter end right

Comment

5-4-1 or 5-3-2, play them tough shut them down type defense, focus on possession and counter attack. Mark out them key players know where they are at all times once in the last third of the field.

Shelton up front as the lone man, Fuller in an attacking mid, play Thomas, Taylor and Marshall in central defence, Gardener on left the next best at right, wish we had Omar for that role. Midfield Austin, Taylor hey you know what we got a big problem in midfield our experience is way weak and the potentially experienced players are too slow, not fit enough and cannot fight the way we need them to that is Hue, Williams and Kelly.Hmm now I see the need for long ball vs Mex.

We probably need to take Marshall and Gardener out of defense and play them up in the middle giving us more experience, better ability to fight in the middle of the pitch and an ability to make the transition out of defense into attack. That will expose us in the back but it seems we have little choice now. We must beat Hon this week or our goose is cooked fi real.

Comment

[quote=Stonigut;127623][QUOTE]5-4-1 or 5-3-2, play them tough shut them down type defense, focus on possession and counter attack. Mark out them key players know where they are at all times once in the last third of the field[/QUOTE].

The problem here is that those formations will probably work if you are trying to play for a point away. We need 3 points in this game. The only way that works is if he have a post up player that fits that type of tactical formation. Unfortunately none of our strikers are post up players and therefore that would be ineffective.

Shelton up front as the lone man, Fuller in an attacking mid, play Thomas, Taylor and Marshall in central defence, Gardener on left the next best at right, wish we had Omar for that role. Midfield Austin, Taylor hey you know what we got a big problem in midfield our experience is way weak and the potentially experienced players are too slow, not fit enough and cannot fight the way we need them to that is Hue, Williams and Kelly.Hmm now I see the need for long ball vs Mex.
                    Not sure if you saw the Honduyras/Canada game but there midfielders play it short and do alot of running. If we are going to beat this team we need a holding midfielder that wins the ball in middle and puts pressure on their midfielders. Carlos Costly and De Leon are very quick players who play in the middle. We will have to be very tight in that department and dont allow them any space whatsoever.

We probably need to take Marshall and Gardener out of defense and play them up in the middle giving us more experience, better ability to fight in the middle of the pitch and an ability to make the transition out of defense into attack. That will expose us in the back but it seems we have little choice now. We must beat Hon this week or our goose is cooked fi real.
                    Marshall and Evan Taylor are liabilities at this point. David Suazo and Alvarez are very quick players that would exploit them. Suazo singlehandly caused Canada's defense alot of problems. The guy is great on either side of the field and he runs at defenders with pace and often cuts inside of them. If we dont win on Wednesday, then we would have to hope Honduras drops points in their remaining games and we win all 3 home games to have any chance of advancing.

Comment

Seeing that Honduras will be playing Mexico after they qualify, its best if we go out and get all 3 points.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                        5-4-1 or 5-3-2, play them tough shut them down type defense, focus on possession and counter attack. Mark out them key players know where they are at all times once in the last third of the field.

As all on this baord knows, I do not give much weight to formation: If we play 'a million' behind the ball if we keep giving it away we are sunk!

...on the other hand, regardless of formation, if we keep the ball and make good use of it in front of goal...we win!

Just keep the damn ball and score!
                        FORWARD!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Chris Harvey?? Didnt you say he was a rux the other day?
                          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Assasin, we also beat El Salvador and Guatemala just before simoes arrived.
                            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Actually Warlord, I am not 100% behind Simoes tacics so far. The continued omission of our best players in my mind might lead to his downfall. If he manages to pull it off with the current squad, then I suppose he will be seen as a hero, but based on what happened in Mexico, his plan might be back-firing.

Comment

Working...
                              X