Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexico game

a few things I observed.

I think the big field is our killer and not the altitude. We have no field that big in Ja, it gives the Mexican them more space to roll ball with their little short passes and run inna open space.

It neutralise Bibi and Tyrone. They couldn't overlap and if they do the Mex pass the ball behind them.

Some of the Jamaica players seemed to be shocked in the first half. I guess playing in a stadium with 80,000 people can do that to you. We played a better second half.

Mexico did what they had to do so we will wait them out inna Kingston.

Them can get beaten, they wont have all that space to take advantage of.

As fi Pepe the man a KING. Mi tell unnu long time. A di best defender that we have, as long as the man a play competitive him fi di dey, it nuh matter if a d1, D2 or d6 and if you ask me him fi wear the skipper armband.

The goalie need to punch the ball them to the side instead of in front a him inna people way.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Punch.. !! he should have held that ball.
    Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Big field simply help to expose the technical deficiencies of our players. All the mexican midfielders control, pass and move in a second. All our midfielders control , wait for the ball to bobble off them foot, try to control it, look up to see if any body available, pass, realize them need to run, then run. Them take around 4 seconds to do all that.

Marshall is too slow now to do much overlapping on a respectable size field.
      JT distribution, control and decision making process is similar to the midfielders above.

Without Andy or Hue dictating the middle, the Honduras game will be similar casue Guverrah, Palacious and them breddah deh nuh linger. Sauzo fast like lightning to.

Comment

Well do something, anything else. He got away with something similar in Canada game.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Some of the Jamaica players seemed to be shocked in the first half. I guess playing in a stadium with 80,000 people can do that to you.
          The crowd was estimated at 110,000. Yes, the size of the field might definately be a factor too.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Honduras defense is not half as good as Mexico's. Them better line up fi Shelton and Fuller.

Comment

See it deh now, imagine fi lickke 20,000

Comment

Truth is thats the worst I have seen Jamaica play except C.B Vs Haiti .Thats the truth and that is a weak Mexican team , this team wasnt running at us in droves like the past MEx team.After we were under 3 we started to box the ball around , but we just dont have any strikers of quality on that team.

Fuller & Burton = RUCKS add them together you probably get a goal in the past 5 years.

Shelton good against gautemala etc , teams of lower caliber.Our Forward line is thin , no King , Bennet and no Lowe = to disaster.

Our midfield is a joke , the exclusion of hue & wolf proves this.andy fe siddung and play mop up time.

Simoes is rigid and too conservative, no wingers , no over lapping , just play it straight down the middle.

Clovis & Laza were tactical geniuses.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You joking right? This is the strongest Mexican team we have faced in a long time, at least on paper. Check it again.

Comment

Here is a picture of the settings. . .
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

We have faced better Mexican teams than this team. The only thing I see bigger on paper is the club names and that is because most Mexicans never use to go abroad to play their club football.

Their team was stronger when Ramon Ramirez was runnig the midfield.

Comment

Assain you continously prove one thing , you dont know crap about football and you are a Simoes apologist.

keep up the good work.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                          Truth is thats the worst I have seen Jamaica play except C.B Vs Haiti .Thats the truth and that is a weak Mexican team , this team wasnt running at us in droves like the past MEx team.After we were under 3 we started to box the ball around , but we just dont have any strikers of quality on that team.

Fuller & Burton = RUCKS add them together you probably get a goal in the past 5 years.

Shelton good against gautemala etc , teams of lower caliber.Our Forward line is thin , no King , Bennet and no Lowe = to disaster.

Our midfield is a joke , the exclusion of hue & wolf proves this.andy fe siddung and play mop up time.

Simoes is rigid and too conservative, no wingers , no over lapping , just play it straight down the middle.

Clovis & Laza were tactical geniuses.

long time mi did a tell unnuh bout Simoes. Unnuh neva believe mi

Comment

We see football through many different eyes. I do agree that we need a finisher/goalscorer of the calibre of a King, however if he's a disruptive force in the team, then off with him. The size of the field does have an impact on our game, but mainly with our local players who are not used to it. Many here are discrediting the Boyz by saying that this is not a strong Mexican team. That's a lie!!! Our players HAVE gotten better. If we had the 98 team there playing we would probably have gotten 6 love.....again!!! Even though I am a Simoes supporter, what I saw yesterday made me wonder about his tactics. The first goal was unsavable, but the foul that led to the goal was avoidable. We gave up the midfield totally and that is the coach's fault. I thought that Andy was playing in the wrong position on the right instead of the middle. Demar Phillips was a waste of a space and basically they played too deep in their own half. I blame Simoes not for the loss, but for how the team approached the game. We could have been a little more competitive especially in the second half. X this was not the game to knock Burton and Fuller because they got absolutely no service from their midfield. I saw several occasions when Fuller had the ball with 3 Mexicans surrounding him and he had no outlet for any passes.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              We see football through many different eyes. I do agree that we need a finisher/goalscorer of the calibre of a King, however if he's a disruptive force in the team, then off with him. The size of the field does have an impact on our game, but mainly with our local players who are not used to it. Many here are discrediting the Boyz by saying that this is not a strong Mexican team. That's a lie!!! Our players HAVE gotten better. If we had the 98 team there playing we would probably have gotten 6 love.....again!!! Even though I am a Simoes supporter, what I saw yesterday made me wonder about his tactics. The first goal was unsavable, but the foul that led to the goal was avoidable. We gave up the midfield totally and that is the coach's fault. I thought that Andy was playing in the wrong position on the right instead of the middle. Demar Phillips was a waste of a space and basically they played too deep in their own half. I blame Simoes not for the loss, but for how the team approached the game. We could have been a little more competitive especially in the second half. X this was not the game to knock Burton and Fuller because they got absolutely no service from their midfield. I saw several occasions when Fuller had the ball with 3 Mexicans surrounding him and he had no outlet for any passes.
                              Fuller had the outlet passes. He just held on to the ball untiol he...Yup!...he!...could not release the ball.

On the service of the forwards you are correct.

For those who knocked Burton - How many times he ran into position! How many times he got the ball? How many times he got the ball he made a pass...and that was that he never saw the ball again in that play?!

How many times he lost the ball?

When those answers are in - (...and I know many of you...just as I do, have that match on tape for re-viewing!...) - then talk tuh mi!

As to those who claim fault with Bibi's play...check the same set of facts for Bibi.

btw - Who on our team had the most touches of the ball? ...and what did he do each time? How did he use that ball?
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X