X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    Bricktop:
    What are you saying?

btw - Have you noticed that I have been saying...for years...repeatedly, that the USA is far better than we are?
    why is the USA better than us?

Comment

After yesterday's performance you have to ask?

Comment

Why do we ask such questions. The US players are tactically 300 miles above us.

Technically they are ahead also. Although we can dance, spin and turn better than them, first touch, passing and shooting is much better from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Why do we ask such questions. The US players are tactically 300 miles above us.

Technically they are ahead also. Although we can dance, spin and turn better than them, first touch, passing and shooting is much better from them.
          Answer;They have stability in their football programme they have players playing in leagues all over europe,they have a professional soccer league and most importantly they pick their best players.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
            Answer;They have stability in their football programme they have players playing in leagues all over europe,they have a professional soccer league and most importantly they pick their best players.
            So that's why they are BETTER than we are. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              So that's why they are BETTER than we are. Right?
              Right,thats what i think anyway. what do you think?

Comment

I don't know why they are better than we are i just know that they are better than we are.

Comment

and what has England done lately?

Andora 2-0?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Ah easy ting fi si how dem win di game. Dem nevah allow wi no time an space pan di ball. An wi allow dem all di time inna di worl wid di zone/basket style of defence. One pass kill bout tree a wi playahs dem ebry time. It nuh have nutten fi duh wid technical ability, when man swarm yuh like ants it hard fi sekkle pan ball. Also wi allow dem di wing ebry time bad tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by myYout View Post
                      Ah easy ting fi si how dem win di game.
                      You're not speaking about our game with Mexico?
                      In the context of international competition we had more than enough time! ...in that context we had yeeeeeeeeeeeeearrrrrrrrrrrrrs on the ball!

We allowed them the wing play or they stretched the width by having players on the touch-lines? I think it was the latter! They made the plays!

...which we never...unnuh ear mi?...NEVA did! Our players looked on....seeing the Mexicans use maximum width to good effect...and neva once...mi seh, unnuh ear mi?...NEVA once...seem to say to each other/pass that observation around....or dem di bline?...that "look fellows we are giving away the ball often let's increase width...use greater spacing...sen suh-ma-di pan di touch-line dem wen wi innah possession fi mek more space fi wi self...an mek hit arda fi di Mexican dem cut out wi pass dem"?

Di olla fi wi man dem nussi di bline tuh rahtid?!
                      Last edited by Karl; September 7, 2008, 05:46 PM.
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

that's the reason why football is a "spectator sport'...ever hear bout that term...classic example...but you 100% right Karl

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                          that's the reason why football is a "spectator sport'...ever hear bout that term...classic example...but you 100% right Karl

Good one!
                          ...but at the risk of saying it too often - Never been afraid of that! - When a player takes the field he has gone to job...and each and everyday on the job...any job...it observe, apply what is known, use 'brain'...initiative to solve...make better...accomplish goals/realise aims...as the match (day) goes on!

man an man fi a luk pan watta a gwaan an hact haccordingly fi bes, for TEAM!
                          FORWARD!!!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yep...so you know say if Mexico do the same thing at the office and we don't adjust then there is no progress

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                              yep...so you know say if Mexico do the same thing at the office and we don't adjust then there is no progress
                              My gut feeling is we can improve...tremendously on that passing and moving! ...and we shall!

btw - another thing about out home field - It is just about the smallest FIFA allows. That, along with our familarity with it, should make us a harder team to beat...or put us closer to par with the likes of the best in CONCACAF i.e. USA & Mexico.

Soooooooooooo in THE OFFICE we could pick up maximum points from all matches!

Comment

Mi did si di game yes, mek mi gi yuh some argument den, how much time di Mexicans use di wing dem? If wi nevah didah play narrow dem ball deh wouldah cut out long long time kah di defendah dem woudah closah. Ah simple ting dat, sorry but if yuh nevah si di game like suh den sumpn nuh right. if yuh nor nobody else fi dat mattah (Matter sorry fi include yuh) nevah realise dat den yuh ah look but yuh naw si or mi ah si to much. Nex thing, bwoy ah easy ting dis, wha mek wi gi weh di ball suh much; di Mexican dem was first to di ball ebry time, apply nuff pressure, an nevah allow wi nuh time pan di ball. As mi di tell Jawge one time when him did fly pass him ness dat dem yah argunment need look inna mi yeye. Anyway fi yah yow mi nah nuh choice but type inna discussion board.

Comment

Working...
                                X