Ade Akinbiyi and Claude Davis bust up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ade Akinbiyi and Claude Davis bust up

Sheffield United striker Ade Akinbiyi has confirmed that he did have a training ground bust-up with team-mate Claude Davis.

But Akinbiyi was unwilling to confirm if a razor blade was used in the confrontation with the defender.

"There was a lot of argy-bargy, but that was about it," Akinbiyi told the Daily Mail newspaper.

"I'm not saying he did or didn't pull out a razor. There was a row that lasted about two minutes."

The argument is thought to have stemmed from a comment Akinbiyi made towards the Jamaican defender following Davis' sending-off against Everton in their 2-0 defeat at Goodison last Saturday.

The come together is understood to have taken place at the club's training ground on Monday in front of the coaching staff while boss Neil Warnock was away.

Warnock said: "I don't know anything about this whatsoever, and I'm close enough to know if something like that had happened. It sounds like rubbish."

United could be forced to hold an internal investigation.

RE: Ade Akinbiyi and Claude Davis bust up

Okay the supposed story is that the African sent Claude Davis a text message joking about his performance in the match over the weekend. Claude Davistexted something back about one of the African's parents. (anyone want to take a guess at what he texted back? I have an idea.) While shaving in the dressing room Claude and the African got into an argument where Claude threatened to cut him. At least that is what is alleged.- T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

I'm going to stay out of this one!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yard man nuh tek bad up.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Which part Ade come from fi waan approach Claude? Him rich yet? Him play forward, how much goal him score?

I nuh know who right and who wrong inna this, but one thing is certain, the entire team know say dem fi check demself before dem step to Claude.

Sickko, watch yuhself .... Claude nuh play dollyhouse.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

When Bibi's football career is over. Hope seh he gets all da honours possible.........dat's all i have to seh 'bout dat incident.

Comment

<H1>Davis 'threatened team-mate with razor'</H1><SPAN class=artByline>By NEIL ASHTON and JOHN EDWARDS</SPAN> <SPAN class=artDate>Last updated at 12:36pm on 27th October 2006</SPAN>

Reader comments (3) <DIV class=right id=LookHere><DIV id=ArtContentImg>

Sheffield Disunited: Claude Davis (left) allegedly confronted Ade Akinbiyi while holding a razor<DIV class=enlargeIcon></DIV></DIV><H2>Look here too...</H2>Skip gossip links to more articles <DIV class=modBot><UL><LI>Bromby: 'Maybe next time I will go down' <LI>Butcher fury over TV star's sack jibe <LI>Knee injuries still a worry for King </LI>[/list]</DIV><H2 class=top8>Sport headlines</H2><DIV class=modBot><UL class=arrows><LI>Davis 'threatened team-mate with razor' <LI>Cech: 'Every day it is going to get better' <LI>Murray may be right about my Cup recall, admits Henman <LI>Mail online's FREE fantasy league <LI>England focus on Gloucester pair <LI>Pardew's turning to the Sheri 'bottle' <LI>Wise up and get nasty, Dennis tells Leeds <LI>Long and Newton forget the aggro <LI>Taylor powers into quarters <LI>Read on trial to secure Ashes place
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

No babba, mi nah seh nutten bout dah one yah....me nuh waan nobaddy seh me nuh like the youth....just a cut and gwaan thru...but.....huge But here but I will kibba as my granny would say...
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

<P class=alternate>I hope this means that Ade will come back to Burnley.

- Alex Shaw, Burnley, England<A id=c12328825 name=c12328825></A>

Wow it sounds like a close shave but surely what Ade really needs is a hair cut! At least we know there is passion in the dressing room and beats the hell out of the usual handbags. I'm sure Neil will get them to kiss and make up, well maybe not too much make up eh!

- Anon, Singapore<A id=c12328804 name=c12328804></A><P class=alternate>Sounds to me like a player on his way out has had a pop at an establishlished first team stalwart! I hope he hasn't gone at him with a razor because that is a pretty stupid thing to do. Neil Warnock prides himself on team spiirt. Claude was probably just trying to help Ade shave!

- Jon Smith, Gosport England
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is you or Claude a "cut and guh thru"? Yuh have a razor tuh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL!!!!
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                      X