Football Fields in Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Fields in Jamaica

With the excellent tropical climate, football 'feel' in Jamaica should rank among the world's best.

There should be a vibrant local industry spawned in football field landscaping. Sod farms should be a common business enterprize on the island.

Who can forget that when the field at the office needed to be resurfaced, a foreign business was called in to do the job.

Seems to me that Jamaicans only full of chat.

RE: Football Fields in Jamaica

It takes more than climate to have a top notch field my friend. Those things are super expensive and cost mucho dollarsfor up keep. Chuss mi. The Maryland Soccer Plex here in the states is one of the best complexesin the USand even though being in such a rich county they struggle for funds to keep the fields up to international standards. It is no joke. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

<DIV>Jamaica needs to just invest in the new artificial turf that's available. It's initially expensive but I understand it lasts, virtually maintenance free, for a bout 20 years! Can't beat that!</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I understand the U-20 played on an artificial turf when they played the Netherlands Antilles the other day in Haiti. No idea the condition of the field, because a bad artificial turf is worse than a bad natural field (at least in some ways).</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I hope Aaron Lawrence is thinking about such fields for his academy, as the JFF should be for theirs!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I pass by Trinity College (Div 3) everyday, and in a climate whey yuh have temperatures averaging below 40F for 5 months of the year, dem manage fi have a marvelous football pitch.

We just people wid common sense in higher positions throughout society.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
        X