EDU to Rangers in the SPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDU to Rangers in the SPL

GLASGOW, Scotland (AP) - United States midfielder Maurice Edu has agreed a five-year deal with Scottish Premier League side Rangers.

The US$5 million (€3.4 million) transfer from Major League Soccer's Toronto FC is subject to a work permit being granted, Rangers said Sunday night.

Toronto's 2007 young player of the year would join compatriot DaMarcus Beasley in the Rangers midfield.
    The 22-year-old Edu, who has made six international appearances, watched Rangers beat Hearts 2-0 on Saturday before returning to the U.S. with Beasley ahead of Wednesday's World Cup qualifier in Guatemala.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Additionally, there's a new sheriff in town!!

/Bruce-Arena-hired-as-Galaxy-coach,-GM"; imgAlt [0] = "Former U.S. coach Bruce Arena was hired on Monday as coach and GM of David Beckham's L.A. Galaxy.";

Former U.S. coach Bruce Arena was hired on Monday as coach and GM of David Beckham's L.A. Galaxy. Full Story ...

HL

Comment

where is Zeppo?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

...on assignment...

HL

Comment

thought this was his assignment.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes...mine too-- in his absence...

HL

Comment

A big hello to all the forumites!

I just got back after 9 days of vacation with no internet, but I knew I could count on HL to pick up the slack for me.

Anyway, Edu secured himself a nice move. From the moment he stepped on a field in MLS you could see he was a class player; Rookie of the Year was an easy selection with him. Good technique, calm on the ball, good passer and physically strong. He was getting noticed in the Olympics while playing out of position, too (keep in mind that he is normally a defensive midfielder).

I see a great future for this kid. Rangers could be just the beginning.
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

Mo granted work permit

Maurice Edu has been given the go ahead to complete his move to Rangers having been granted a work permit earlier this afternoon.

The US International is now free to move to Scotland after the club agreed a fee of $5m with the MLS for the talented midfielder last weekend.

The 22-year-old travelled to Ibrox Stadium to watch his new club beat Hearts 2-0 on Saturday before joining the United States national squad for a World Cup qualifier in Guatemala on Wednesday night.

(continue)
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

YAY!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Edu could make Gers' Old Firm bow

Rangers' new signing Maurice Edu will be in their squad for Sunday's match against Celtic if he arrives in Glasgow by Thursday.

Edu has been granted a work permit and should join the squad for training after completing visa formalities.

The midfielder, who will cost Rangers £2.6m, has agreed a five-year contract.

(continue)
                    - Xavi

Comment

YAY!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Edu's career is simply taking off

Another week, another team, another country.

Maurice Edu's MLS season with Toronto FC was interrupted by a trip to China with the U.S. Olympic men's team. He returned home for a few days, only to learn he needed to be in Scotland to finalize a deal with a new club, Glasgow Rangers. But before he could begin his European career, he was off to Guatemala with the U.S. men's national team for a World Cup qualifier. Then, after being serenaded by Rangers supporters before a game against their fiercest rivals, he was on his way here to prepare for Saturday's historic trip to Cuba.

"It's been busy," Edu said Tuesday, "but it's been good."

(continue)
                        - Xavi

Comment

Gamma? Slouching on the job again?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Double Yay!!!!!?

Comment

Maurice Edu victim of death threats

Maurice Edu knew he was entering a heated rivalry when he left Major League Soccer's Toronto FC for Scotland's Rangers. But he probably didn't predict having a cellphone thrown at him, abuse hurled his way on the street, or death threats.

"I've definitely taken some abuse," the 23-year-old said, according to The Sun. "I've had death threats and things like that and just been heckled walking around town or driving around."

The abuse was instant. After the U.S. international transferred, his first game for Rangers was against Celtic in the Old Firm derby.

(continue)
                              - Xavi

Comment

Working...
                              X