Site Version
    UK Version

International Version

About the versions

Page last updated at 19:44 GMT, Sunday, 13 July 2008 20:44 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Beasley injured in friendly win

Beasley has only recently returned from serious injury
    Rangers pre-season preparations have been dealt a blow after winger DaMarcus Beasley was injured during the 1-0 friendly win over SC Preussen Munster.

The American, who missed six months of last season with knee ligament damage, had to be substituted late in the game.

"DaMarcus looks as though he has hamstring trouble and we're disappointed that's happened," manager Walter Smith told the club website.

Charlie Adam scored the only goal of the game from the penalty spot.

The midfielder also sustained a knock during the match but his injury is not thought to be serious.

"Charlie also went over his ankle but he is okay and should clear up without too many problems," added Smith.

Smith handed a second Rangers debut to striker Kenny Miller at the Preussen Stadion and the manager was pleased with the Scotland forward's contribution. MY SPORT: DEBATE
    If they are injured now we really have nowt in the midfield

Hamlenbear(aka)camiethedon

Former Celtic man Miller, who played for Rangers between 2000 and 2001, rejoined the Ibrox club from Derby earlier this summer.

"Kenny did well for the team and had two or three really good chances that he might have converted.

"He hit the post just after the break and, all in all, played very well in his first outing for the side."

Another of Smith's summer signings, Kyle Lafferty, and defender Carlos Cuellar missed the match with minor knocks but both are expected to make quick recoveries.
    "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Couldn't you have waited for Zeppo to post this?! I know he would have!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Zeppo and Me

I post it knowing full well Zeppo's addiction, hopefully now I can make him irrelevant or a reader not a poster....

Just kidding Zep
      "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

The more surprising news would be "Beasley not injured in match".

Comment

Dammit! He just came back from an injury, too!

Oh well, a hamstring problem shouldn't require surgery. Just waiting. But this will probably rule him out for our first qualifier.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

Working...
          X