X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD goes to Italy

October 20, 2006

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

On the recommendation of the CONCACAF and with the approval of the Jamaica Football Federation, former National Senior Team Head Coach, Wendell Downswell, has been nominated represent the CONCACAF and participate in a UEFA (Union of European Football Associations) Course for Coaching Educators.

The course will be administered in Florence, Italy from October 23 – 27. The course is entitled "A License to Coach Youth Players". The course will focus on the specific education of youth coaches under the roof of the UEFA coaching convention

Mr. Downswell leaves the island on Saturday, October 21 for Florence Italy.

432-0888
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

RE: WD goes to Italy

Couldn't have sent him to a better country because Wendell seemed to have things on lock sending his side forward but seemed to be a bit lost on the defensive side. I think he and Carl Brown would make a good 1 -2 punch.The only thing is knife woulda draw when Carl would want an Ultra defensive middle and Wendell would want to pack it with some Jerry Hues and Andys.
    SA 2010: Reggae Boyz coming home!

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean. Italy is known for its defence, but for youth programs, I know you have been singing about Argentina for the longest while!

Meanwhile, Vin BLaine has also completed a FIFA certificate in coaching which allows, or rather certifies him in coaching other coaches. Wendell already has such a certificate, I understand.

Darn! Imagine if we ever gave Wendell or CB the support we know Bora, sorry, Velibor "Bora" Milutunivic, that well-travelled Serbian coach, will get.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What jumped out at me was that he was a CONCACAF nomination
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

I believe he is a good coach that got fed to the lions with wholly unprepared teams going against teams that were priming for the world cup or in Australia's case on the verge of taking away the last qualification spot from Uruguay. A nuff cyaad Boxhill draw fi deflect blame.

Comment

you can learn the art of the disruptive shoulder bump in both Argentina and Italy equally well. Italy is not great at world youth tournaments but when you look at the players they develop from keeper up to striker I believe they aren't far behind Argentina. Sorry Jawge I didn't mention the baller nation because they haven't always been known to produce the greatest pure defenders or goalkeepers.

Comment

Right now if there is any local coach fit to take over the national TD job at any time, it would be him.

It seems to me that every year he goes some where else on a course and he also does get good results with mostly local teams, wonder how he would do with all the stars?
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Mosiah, get it right nuh man? It is not "Velibor "Bora" Milutunivic, that well-travelled Serbian"

It is "Velibor "Bora" Milutunivic, the much-travelled Serbian".

"Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Mah baad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good fi him, but mi nuh know if "we can teach an ole dog new tricks".

Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!

Enjoy, Wendell!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Siya (10/20/2006)I believe he is a good coach that got fed to the lions with wholly unprepared teams going against teams that were priming for the world cup or in Australia's case on the verge of taking away the last qualification spot from Uruguay. A nuff cyaad Boxhill draw fi deflect blame.
                        Yup - The JFF failed him. Agree 100%! He got little or no back office support!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                        X