X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use this to get ready for Mexico?

http://video.nbcsandiego.com/player/...videoid=270421

Just di tent!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

yo you know say Anthony Gonzales from Indianapolis Colts been using that since I think his Junior year at Ohio State and he said that it helped him get faster and helped his endurance

Comment

It could be useful in Beijing to provide MORE oxygen for the athletes, though I suspect they would have air-conditioned rooms.

BTW the girl in the clip (Alice Schmidt) made the team with a good time- 2:00.46

pr
      Peter R

Comment

some CFA player was using it last season and it caused some controversy....the effect is the same as using EPO? does anyone know?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          some CFA player was using it last season and it caused some controversy....the effect is the same as using EPO? does anyone know?
          Effect? ...same effect?

EPO, I think, enables one to 'store up' oxygen'. Produce more/increased levels of 'red blood cells' = ability to 'store more oxygen'.

This "chamber", I think helps the body to better ultilise available oxygen in the atmosphere.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

the chamber allows you to breathe in more pure oxygen so that there is more oxyge in the blood stream....i see the difference but the effect is similar.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

the lines are getting very blurry though!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You at Cinchona? Suffering from lack of oxygen or what?

pr
                Peter R

Comment

EPO is a drug. The tent only creates a particular environment so it would be considered natural and therefore legal.

pr
                  Peter R

Comment

mi undastan that...it is the effect.....same effect?

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

Good bit of research there boss. I wonder why none of Mexico's concacaf opponents have used that level of science in the recent past. I distinctly remember Bolivia being unbeaten in the South American zone of World Cup Qualifying about 2 cycles back. They also play at an extremely high altitude if not higher than the Mexicans in La Paz.

Comment

I'm not an expert but I did a quick google on EPO and I would conclude that the effect is the same. EPO is produced naturally by the body when the kidneys detect a low level of oxygen in the blood, stimulating red blood cell production and therefore the body's oxygen carrying capacity.

By starving the body of oxygen (in the tent) the body then releases EPO and thus creates more red blood cells and oxygen carrying capacity. Artificially injecting EPO does the same thing.

Natural EPO and synthetic are almost identical but one article ( rice.edu below) indicates that a reliable urine test can detect the difference between the two.

Apparently EPO abuse can lead to anemia and stroke.

A couple sources:
                        http://www.rice.edu/~jenky/sports/epo.html

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...rticlekey=7032

pr
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X