T.K, Jangle, Westman, what y'all think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.K, Jangle, Westman, what y'all think

of a David Bentley from Blackburn as a replacement winger for Ronaldo? IF not, who else would you bring in?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Man..to be honest there is no real replacement for Ronaldo so whoever we bring in will be a major downgrade. We might have to go back to an old school 4-4-2 like we had with Cole and Yorke. If I had to pick one it would be Frank Ribery. Could we pry him away from Bayern? Probably not unless we had Chelsea type money. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

true...right now quaresma is the only winger that comes to mind that could replace ronaldo...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        true...right now quaresma is the only winger that comes to mind that could replace ronaldo...
        Frack...I change my answer Lazie. Gamma has it right. Quaresma would be the one. - T.K.

Comment

Quaresma? Gamma bump him head dis morning. T.K. did you see him in the Euros? Please.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

well if is the euros yuh basing it on do so at your own risk......

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Quaresma? Gamma bump him head dis morning. T.K. did you see him in the Euros? Please.
              Lazie you dun know I have watched every single match of the euros to date. Quaresma can play his ass off. His only crime is being born the same time as Ronaldo. If he and Rijkard never had a falling out he'd be starting for Barca today. He would be a great pick up for Man U. The guy is good. - T.K.

Comment

it look like seh scolarri a carry belly fi him......

Ricardo Quaresma

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Editing of this article by new or unregistered users is currently disabled because of persistent, unsourced, anonymous transfer speculation which amounts to vandalism.
                See the protection policy and protection log for more details. If you cannot edit this article and you wish to make a change, you can discuss changes on the talk page, request unprotection, log in, or create an account.Ricardo QuaresmaPersonal informationFull nameRicardo Andrade Quaresma BernardoDate of birthSeptember 26, 1983 (1983-09-26) (age 24)Place of birth Lisbon, PortugalHeight1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)Playing positionRight/Left Winger, ForwardClub informationCurrent clubFC PortoNumber7Youth clubs2000–2001Sporting CPSenior clubs1YearsClubApp (Gls)*2001–2003
                2003–2004
                2004–
                Sporting CP
                FC Barcelona
                FC Porto059 0(8)
                022 0(1)
                114 (24) National team22003–Portugal023 0(3)1 Senior club appearances and goals
                counted for the domestic league only and
                correct as of 23:14, 02 June 2008 (UTC).
                2 National team caps and goals correct
                as of 23:00, 19 June 2008 (UTC).
                * Appearances (Goals)
                Ricardo Andrade Quaresma Bernardo (born 26 September 1983, in Lisbon, Portugal) is a Portuguese football midfielder who currently plays for FC Porto in the Portuguese BWINLIGA and the Portugal national football team. He is also a winner of trick of the season on numerous occasions.
                Initially nicknamed Mustang by former Sporting Clube de Portugal coach Laszlo Bölöni, Quaresma is now often referred to as simply Ricky Q. He's regularly compared to fellow Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo for the similarities both possess in terms of their speed and dribbling abilities, as well as their style of play. Despite naturally being a right winger, Quaresma also plays as a left winger, in Porto's 4-3-3 formation.
                Contents

[hide]//
                Club career

Sporting

While a trainee at Sporting's famed academy, he made his professional debut during the 2000-2001 season playing 15 games for the B Team. The next season, he was promoted to the senior squad by then club manager Laszlo Bölöni, playing 28 matches and scoring three goals and was a key player in Sporting's league and cup double triumph. Quaresma's made his league debut for Sporting against FC Porto.
                During the 2002-2003 season he was Sporting's "lone star", coming second in total minutes played (2216), played in 31 matches, and scoring on five occasions. Sporting's poor results during the season were partially attributed to Bölöni, who rarely opted to play Cristiano Ronaldo and Quaresma at the same time.

Barcelona

Quaresma was sold to FC Barcelona for 6 million euros. His stint with the Catalan side could be best described as luckless. He made his debut for Barça in a friendly against AC Milan, scoring his first goal for the club. In his debut season at Barça, Quaresma made ten starts and eleven substitute appearances, scoring only one goal. In the final weeks of the season he injured his right foot badly, forcing him to miss the 2004 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship.
                During the Euro 2004, he announced his refusal to play for Barça as long as Frank Rijkaard was in charge, incurring the interest of many other clubs. However, it was Sporting's rivals FC Porto that had the ace up their sleeve: a transfer for Deco was being negotiated and Quaresma could be used as part of the transfer fee. At first uninterested in returning to Portugal, he changed his mind quickly and was subsequently signed by Porto for a fee of €6 million, with Deco going the other way.

Porto

He started his campaign with Porto on a high note, scoring in his debut in the 2004 UEFA Super Cup and netting the only goal in Porto's triumph against SL Benfica in the Portuguese Super Cup. He went on to score five goals in 32 league matches, and was ever-present in Porto's run to the first knockout round of the 2004-05 UEFA Champions League. He also contributed to Porto's dramatic win against Once Caldas in the 2004 FIFA Intercontinental Cup, scoring in a thrilling penalty shoot-out which ended 8-7 in Porto's favour.
                Regarded as one of the best players in the Portuguese League, he managed to score five more goals. However Porto's title dreams in the 2004-05 season was derailed by the team's lack of cohesion, losing out to Benfica. Quaresma was however influential in Porto's 2005-06 title success. He was the number one assist provider in that season, but was controversially omitted from Portugal's 2006 FIFA World Cup squad by Luiz Felipe Scolari. Quaresma has also often been criticized by the Portuguese media for his lack of defensive skills, seldom helping the team out in defensive duties.
                Many of Europe's top clubs have expressed interest in Quaresma over the years, but Porto president Pinto da Costa has been reluctant to let him go. In a recent interview, Quaresma openly admitted that "it was time to move on" from the club, yet Porto have repeatedly stated they will not listen to offers less than €40 million. Quaresma's contract with Porto runs until 2011.

Comment

He came on and score in the 2nd game .. he was pathetic. Ronaldo isn't the only one keeping him out. Simao and Nani get game ahead of him.

Comment

He came on and score in the 2nd game .. he was pathetic. Ronaldo isn't the only one keeping him out. Simao and Nani get game ahead of him.
                    So who would be your pick to replace Ronaldo? - T.K.

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                      So who would be your pick to replace Ronaldo? - T.K.
                      The Empire would have to go back to a straight 4-4-2 instead of the shuffle and deal formation used last season.

One option is Bentley. Another is put Nani as the right winger and get Ashley Young from Villa. Oniel woulda dead fuss.

There is the German Bastian Sweinstiger (sp)

The best option ... get Robinho and Snijder in the deal for Ronaldo. Robinho on the left ... Nani on the right.

Comment

The Empire would have to go back to a straight 4-4-2 instead of the shuffle and deal formation used last season.

One option is Bentley. Another is put Nani as the right winger and get Ashley Young from Villa. Oniel woulda dead fuss.

There is the German Bastian Sweinstiger (sp)

The best option ... get Robinho and Snijder in the deal for Ronaldo. Robinho on the left ... Nani on the right.
                        What about Freddy....ah...nvm....

Can a Brazillian flair player survive in the EPL? I must admit I would have serious concerns about that if I was sir alex. On the surface it looks like a good deal. You'd have to pray that Robinho can handle the rigors of the EPL. He certainly is talented enough to play there. - T.K.

Comment

TK!!!! If yuh eva say dat name inna de same breath as the Empire, I kicked yuh outa de club right pronto!!!

Mr. President I like how you are thinking....evil.(insert devil icon here) Yeah, the Empire nuh care bout likkle teams below us, we just step pon dem. I like all of your suggestions except Bentley. He is good but no better than what we already have. Getting any other of your suggestion would make us almost INVINCIBLE....and bun Paul Marin (insert devil icon here). But really I don't think losing Ronaldo will affect the outcome of the results. The Empire WILL win the EPL title again. I think if given more games, both Nani and Park will improve their game. Ronaldo is an aberration, but we have enough firepower in our ranks to do the job. Even Anderson can be converted into a winger if we need him to. Aaaww I bet you never thought of that . Right now, I think the only discussion SAF should have is how much RM willing to cough up. His real worth to us at this point is in jersey sales. US$155m nothing less.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                          X