World Cup Qualifiers and Euro 2008 quarterfinal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Qualifiers and Euro 2008 quarterfinal

There's 4 games on today in Concacaf for WCQ for SA2010.

Barbados vs USA

Haiti vs Netherlands

Bermuda vs Trinidad & Tobago

Suriname vs Guyana

Barbados is virtually eliminated having lost the first leg 0-8

Haiti still has a chance although they tied the Netherlands at home when they shouldve got a win. They are on the road at the Dutch

Trinidad &Tobago who lost their home game to Bermuda when they were expected to win comfortably. They are still in it.

And Guyana who who lost away 0-1 to Suriname. The Guyanese are at home this time and can turn around the 2nd leg and win the tie.

Here's my predictions for these matches:

USA has already booked their ticket and will virtually field a weak side, but they will still win possibly 3-0 over Barbados.

Haiti will fight for their lives. This tie can go either way. Holland has some good players and they have had some good results of late against Honduras and Venezuela who I think is tougher opponents than the Haitians.

I think this game is an upset in favor of the Dutch

Trinidad and Bermuda tie.. although the Socawarriors are on the road at Bermuda, I cant see them losing twice. They will play to their capabilities and I can see them winning 4-0 over the Bermudans

Surinam and Guyana tie... this can go either way. I think it will be tough but I think the home side will prevail. I say guyana wins 3-1.

Euro 2008

Spain vs Italy - I pick the Spanish to win 3-0. They are too strong for Italy this time although like the Netherlands they sometimes overachieve early at major tournaments and cannot sustain success in big matches.

I still pick them to win. Italy goes home.

Your predictions for these upcoming matches...

Teams advancing will be:
    1. USA
    2. Haiti
    3. T&T
    4. Guyana

5. Italy

pr
    Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
      Teams advancing will be:
      1. USA
      2. Haiti
      3. T&T
      4. Guyana

5. Italy

pr
      Good pics but I really think Italy is going to be sent home. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
      X