X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But impressed with Simoes?

Blessed

Comment

Why shouldnt I use the Haiti game , thats after he had all the friendlys in the world to put his stamp on the team in a full blown WC qualifier what we saw was a disaster in the making.

He didnt have the privilage of doing it himself so he sabatoged Laza to finish his mission.

Jamaica failed to qualify on a misfiring Fuller a benched Damani and questionable substitutes.C.B all the way.
      Last edited by Sir X; June 20, 2008, 10:05 AM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        You have a point! Can you imagine if you were doing it what Maudib would be saying about your standards?

But to just put the final nail in this coffin, it can be argued that whatever good was in that failing team was achieved due to the hard work and ability of Carl Brown. One wonders what could have been had not others taken over in mid-stream.

Here endeth the lesson.
        Mosiah I agree with you 150%. The team was winning and improving admirably under CB. Laza did nothing much to improve the team and he got the position because Boxhill panicked and succumbed to the pressure. I am 150% sure that if CB was left in place, we would have qualified because I KNOW we would have won our home matches. Especially against Panama. You are right, X is basing his opinions on the Haiti game. Wasn't that one of our very first game at the start of that campaign?
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

mek i pull up a chair here ... wallo vs wallo is a feature presentation!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes he is a true leader. He is not afraid to take chances, He will tell you what he is thinking and ask for your support.

Too many times we win a poor game or we lose the other coaches came out and say how we play good but.... even when we didn't play good.

Simoes is a leader who demand better and is always looking for better, ask for more from his players, without making it personal.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I went to most of the games that Carl Brown coached the team, and I must admit the team looked very cohesive, remember we played quality opposition with a strong local contingent in the team and they played very well as I think they gelled prety well and had a good passing game, I think the pressure got to coach brown as the team just started to self destruct
              when he started changing the team from the initially selected players.

I don't know if it was "buck up", but at the time he selected several local based players from arnett, and I think they took the opportunity well, I don't know what happened after that , as they were no longer a part of the team.

Comment

Das why mi say, send fi Laza! Has Simoes ever turned around a side as quickly as Laza has? Den send go call di man!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It's the only game X saw prior to the rest of the campaign. The fluidity of the team under Laza was simply a progression from where CB was taking the team. The honest people on the ROCK witnessed the transformation.

If Laza is so good, send go call di man! Wi have a likkle side name Mexico fi play nex' round! Send go call him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No sah, it was all Laza. Send go call him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It's the only game X saw prior to the rest of the campaign. The fluidity of the team under Laza was simply a progression from where CB was taking the team. The honest people on the ROCK witnessed the transformation.

If Laza is so good, send go call di man! Wi have a likkle side name Mexico fi play nex' round! Send go call him!
                      You shouldn't even agrue with those fools. That team that CB moulded was on the upswing and I have no doubt that we would have qualified had he not been removed mid stream. When they replaced CB with Lazaphonie it killed team spirit and lessened the boyz's edge. Lazaphonie was also very guilty of bad game management which cost us very needed points.

Comment

How can you have no doubt the team would have Qualified when the team struggled against Haiti away?

Better we stick to reality.

Comment

Like how we beat Bahamas now what you think?
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'm happy to see the truth coming to the fore. As much as CB and I had our disagreements over Maestro, I cannot but credit him for molding a wonderful, but unfortunate, team.

Indeed, when it was announced that Laza would be coming, it came as a huge surprise because we all felt that CB was doing his thing.

Enuff with this lie about that being Laza's team. Better wi dis CB for producing such a wonderful team that couldn't score a goal to save their lives. But that team was CB's!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But that team was CB's!!!
                              Okay then so Carl Brown failed.

Comment

Better unnu say dat, yes! He failed with his team. Laza was only there for show!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X