GOL TV Commentator's Take On Jamaica Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOL TV Commentator's Take On Jamaica Game 2

GOL TV commentators were mentioning what Jamaica needs to work on for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. They said Jamaica needs one or two friendly matches against good teams.

Rene Simoes would not comment publicly, but here is what the GOL TV commentators were saying.

1. BLOWN SCORING OPPURTUNITIES. In the second half, Jamaica had plenty of chances to score, but the end result was either a bad pass, or a horrible shot. The commentators said these chances MUST result in at least a shot on goal. "When they (Jamaica) play Mexico, they won't get very many chances," the commentators said.

2. LACK OF WORK FOR THE DEFENSE. Three of four of Jamaica's startind defenders are over 30 years old. They were not pressured during either of the two games vs. Bahamas. The commentators wondered how they would react under sustained pressure by a good offensive team.

not saying a word

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Many of us worry on this!
      I also did not like how we gave the ball to Bahamas so many times (Anti-TEAM behaviour). Now the Bahamas players often very obligingly gave it right back. Somehow I do not see any of the TEAMs we shall meet in the next round being so 'engagingly friendly'!

The better quality opposition met, the more likely one shall be punished for giving the ball away!
      Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2008, 01:28 PM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

jermaine taylor alone accounted for at least 3 in the defensive 3rd. so far i have kept out of the nosworthy for prime minister chorale ensemble but we need someone to partner pepe.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
          GOL TV commentators were mentioning what Jamaica needs to work on for the upcoming World Cup qualifiers. They said Jamaica needs one or two friendly matches against good teams.

Rene Simoes would not comment publicly, but here is what the GOL TV commentators were saying.

1. BLOWN SCORING OPPURTUNITIES. In the second half, Jamaica had plenty of chances to score, but the end result was either a bad pass, or a horrible shot. The commentators said these chances MUST result in at least a shot on goal. "When they (Jamaica) play Mexico, they won't get very many chances," the commentators said.

2. LACK OF WORK FOR THE DEFENSE. Three of four of Jamaica's startind defenders are over 30 years old. They were not pressured during either of the two games vs. Bahamas. The commentators wondered how they would react under sustained pressure by a good offensive team.
          Or could it be that the scoreline in the 1st leg had an effect on the play in the 2nd half of the 2nd leg?

Comment

i'm sure it did, but that does not affect the larger point which is, if dem send yuh out deh to score goals...make hay while the sun is shining!

if simoes asked for more goals thye should have obliged......is a concentration thing.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You tuh ?
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Is who you afraid of?

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                not saying a word

... Call a spade a spade!!!!
                The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post

Very good observations made here by the analysts. Its the reason why Im not overly excited about the wins against Bahamas. Not saying Im not happy that we won but we are expected to win against teams like that comfortably as we did.

The real test for the boyz starts in the semifinal round in my opinion. The opposition will be better and much stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    i'm sure it did, but that does not affect the larger point which is, if dem send yuh out deh to score goals...make hay while the sun is shining!

if simoes asked for more goals thye should have obliged......is a concentration thing.
                    Gamma, that is my biggest concern with the team, lack of concentration. They have to learn that. I do not care who the oponents are. Most of the team plays professional. I expect them to exhibit more poise and focus.
                    "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

We took candy from a baby

Originally posted by Mark View Post
                      Gamma, that is my biggest concern with the team, lack of concentration. They have to learn that. I do not care who the oponents are. Most of the team plays professional. I expect them to exhibit more poise and focus.
                      ... and we feel that we achieved something...rathid.
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

All we need to do is compare our 7-0 against the USA's 8-0. How did the USA look as they humiliated the Bajans? How did we look against the Bahamians?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I might have to apologise again.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The only thing those commentators observed are the posts on the forum.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              All we need to do is compare our 7-0 against the USA's 8-0. How did the USA look as they humiliated the Bajans? How did we look against the Bahamians?
                              Mo, I did not see the entire USA game. However, what I am impressed with about the USA goals, the players composure. They were more purposeful. I am wondering if the field has a lot to do with our players not able to make those crisp passes, moving into spaces, etc. I am just trying to find some answers why we cannot look as effective when we have players playing in similar competitions. Hope the coach is capable of bringing them together to play as a unit.
                              "We're not getting our butts kicked." Lauryn Williams on the U.S.-Jamaica rivalry.

Comment

Working...
                              X