is it fools gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
    Yeah the important thing was to get through this leg with little wear and tear on the players. We almost got through without serious injury. I guess if were to look at a silver lining the injury happened in our deepest position.

Btw did anyone notice that after the first leg Jamaica and US were the only 2 teams to have wrapped up their series on day 1? That says something about us when you consider that the other big teams had competitive matches or struggled with their opponents. We may be on the cusp of something really good here with this group. - T.K.
    Damn it I lied. Jamaica was one of three teams to sew up their series in the first match. The other was Guatemala. Sorry for the misinformation. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Don't forget about the other mini-multi-purpose stadium being built at Catherine Hall. Although incomplete, it has already host a few events including NPL football and track and field meets.

Comment

That venue was horrible. With the wind and bobbling ball it reminded me of Queens Park Oval. Better them avoid that venue unless is a joke match.

Comment

or they fix it. Mo or someone who knows why was the field marked so tight.

Comment

No idea. Maybe to make the encounter more interesting as a bigger field would have killed those pickup Bahamian players?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

or the opposite.. compact field favours the team with the ability to play in close quarters and negate speed. Anyway it look like a scrimmage game and there seemed to be more room. Let me ask this how comes so we have so much rain fall and no yet we cant retain little to irrigate the pitch.. That pitch should be lush considering where it is.

Comment

Mo, if you were given a budget and the autonomy to effect changes so as to make Greenfield a more comfy and suitable soccer stadium, how would you go about it?
                "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

You said budget, right?

Well, you would need some kind of portable seating so as to bring the action closer to the spectators. However, given the distance to the field and the position of the permanent seating, I'm not sure the venue could accommodate that sort of a seating plan. It would be similar to the cycletrack seating at the stadium where the sight lines are poor.

For me, football and cricket don't mix. That's why Jarrett Park was always a crappy place (even for cricket!)

What should have happened in its planning is to have a football field on the other side of the main stands where those spectators would share many of the facilities of the cricket fans - parking, bathrooms, concessions, etc. In theory you could have a cricket match and a football match going on at the same time.

Now, with some serious money, you could roll out a football field when yuh ready with the seats, and when yuh dun, roll it back out and mek way for a cricket pitch or even a basketball court! There are some amazing stadia around the world that are basically doing that already! If I had pursued my chosen field in school, stadium architecture would be my specialty. But alas, instead I duck bullets on a boring job site in Jamaica.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

ducking bullets is boring? yuh reflexes get sharp despite the career ending head cold incident....wait was that you?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

when you've done it for 8 years, yes, it's a little boring.

why unnu must bring up dat head cold ting? dat was di best! I dare say it beat Leighton!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i had to bring it up.....

beat leighton......not so sure but it deserves its' own category and it would take a gargantuan effort to dislodge it as "di bes'"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                        X