Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portugal

If Portugal play gainst Germany in the next round I have a funny feeling say them gwen get a fix up...mi nuh believe in resting star players just because...them do that and get a fat 2-0....watch what gwen happen to them

...mi nuh believe in resting star players just because...
    I do not think they will get flat after missing only one game over a four day period.

Look at the bigger picture. Playing their strongest team in a game which is academic for them would put them at the risk of losing players to injury and cards. Some players were already carrying cards already. To put them in a situation where they would possibly gain other cards and losing them for important games down the road would not be prudent decision-makng by coach big Phil.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

resting players because of cards is understandable and expected but fielding basically a brand new team is foolish...my point will be proven in the next round...I know this has happened in major tournaments before but I just can't remember...arguments can be made for both views and the sad part is dependiing on where it goes one side will be able to say I told you so...but if Germany play them in the second round...don't be surprised if Germany destroy them...because Germany would be already on the warpath having to win their last game to go through

Comment

...but if Germany play them in the second round...don't be surprised if Germany destroy them...because Germany would be already on the warpath having to win their last game to go through
        The argument could be made too that Germany players are fatigued from playing so many games over a short period. I believe playing more games in such short period could do more harm than getting a break from one game in a competition like this. It is not like you are talking about more than a few days not playing for the Portugal side. While Germany has to be putting out their all over the same few days. This could make the Germans not as "fresh" as the Pourtegese side coming into that game.

I back Big Phil on this one. . .
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

fatigued....after 3 games....which you think is the better possibility...Germany too tired to play or Porugal start off a little slow because of the let off...

Comment

I believe Germany could be the ones feeling the effects of too many games over the short period. I do not know which coach would not want to rest his key players going into a big game if having the opportunity to do so. It is not like they are getting more than 7 days rest either.

You have to realize that the body needs rest to recover from the work these athletes put on it during games. A team that has to play without adequate rest will definately be at a disadvantage. I am sure Big Phil knows this, hence his decision to rest his key players.

Comment

alrite boss we will see...all I am saying is I won't be surprised if Portugal get a fat kick...

Comment

Germany cyaan play Portugal. Worse if di Manager leggo Nani pan dem ah juice fi my side.

Comment

Originally posted by Culture Sound View Post
                  resting players because of cards is understandable and expected but fielding basically a brand new team is foolish...my point will be proven in the next round...I know this has happened in major tournaments before but I just can't remember...arguments can be made for both views and the sad part is dependiing on where it goes one side will be able to say I told you so...but if Germany play them in the second round...don't be surprised if Germany destroy them...because Germany would be already on the warpath having to win their last game to go through
                  ...happen in leagues also!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X