6/3/2008 Jens Lehmann Arsenal VfB Stuttgart Confirmed Free Transfer

Welcomed:
    6/13/2008 Aaron Ramsey Cardiff City Arsenal Confirmed Full Ownership

????
    5/30/2008 S. Nasri Marseille Arsenal In Talks Full Ownership

The kiss before good-bye?

6/14/2008 6:20 AM
    Adebayor: My Future's With Arsenal

Emmanuel Adebayor looks likely to stay at Arsenal following talks with manager Arsene Wenger about his future, which has been the subject of intense speculation for weeks.

Emmanuel Adebayor has been strongly linked with a move to AC Milan - and his agent Stephane Courbis this week suggested that the Togo striker would find an offer from the Rossoneri hard to decline.

And it was reported yesterday that Milan director Adriano Galliani was planning to fly to London this week to talk directly to the Arsenal board members about securing Adebayor's signature.

However, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has always stressed that he does not want Adebayor to go, and the player himself has played down talk of a move.

"My future with Arsenal has never been in doubt and I want to assure fans I will be here for many years," Adebayor said in The Sun.

"My agent has met with coach Arsene Wenger about a new deal and I am happy about how the talks are going so the fans can rest assured."

The Togo international only signed a new deal with the Gunners last year but after he hit 30 goals during the 2007-08 season and aroused the covetous interest of rival clubs on the continent, the Gunners could be about to offer him a lucrative contract extension, which Adebayor could be about to sign.

Earlier this week, Adebayor's agent Courbis said on Italian radio: “It is difficult to say if Emmanuel will play for Milan.

“I know the club has been in contact with Arsenal and now it all depends on the intentions of the English side.

“Milan are a great club, among the best in the world, and when a team like that wants to buy you, you have to think about it very carefully.

“There has to be an agreement between the two clubs. Adebayor is happy at Arsenal, but when a player is tracked by Milan, it is difficult to turn them down.”

Mark Hinton, Goal.com

...and...

6/14/2008 8:38 AM
    Arsenal To Bid For Madrid Ace

Arséne Wenger is thought to be considering a renewed bid for Real Madrid midfielder Daniel Parejo, despite the player insisting that he is prepared to stay and fight for his place at the Bernabeu.

The 19-year-old caught the eye of the Wenger during last year’s under-19 European Championships and was subject to Arsenal interest in the winter.

Wenger is thought to be prepared to spend £11 million on bringing the Castilla star to the Emirates Stadium.

Arsenal have previously succeeded in enticing notable young talent away from their original clubs, most obviously in the case of Cesc Fabregas.
    While being flattered at his comparisons with the ex-Barcelona midfielder, Parejo is reluctant to leave his hometown club. The player is adamant that he will bide his time and wait to break into the Madrid first team.
    He said: "For me, it is a compliment that such an important European team is showing interest. I have heard rumours but my intention is very clear - my dream is to succeed in Madrid.

"Nobody dislikes something like that [being compared to Cesc Fabregas] but I prefer to look in the mirror and see Raul, Guti and Iker Casillas, three footballers who have come out of this youth system and have gone on to triumph in Madrid. I am young and I have patience."

Peter Staunton

Gaol.com
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X