• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chung Fah football camp

In Your Neighbourhood
    published: Saturday | June 14, 2008

Chung Fah football camp
    Local boys and girls, ages 8-18, will benefit from the Winston Chung Fah Summer Football Camp, scheduled for St Andrew from June 30 to July 18. The camp which will be hosted at Campion College will feature local and international coaches, football scouts from European clubs and college scouts from the USA.

Chung Fah, the main instructor, has distinguished himself as a technical football expert for over 40 years. He is currently the technical director for the Academy Sports Club in the Cayman Islands., a position he has held for the past eight years. During this time the club has won the under 14 league for two years and the under 17 once.

Chung Fah is also a former high school, club and national coach in Jamaica. He has been organising clinics since 1982 and the Miami Classic International Youth Football Tournament is a product of his tutelage. Locker Room Sports and Pepsi are the major sponsors for this camp
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Further:

Chung Fah played high school ball at StGC before helping to form Santos FC for which he also was a player (goalie I think). He actually came to fame in Jamaica for coaching D'Cup championship teams at Clarendon College in the 1977-1979 seasons (I stand corrected on the years). In those years, players who came under the tutelage of Chung Fah include: Lenworth "Teach" Hyde, Dennis "DenDen" Hutchinson; Deon Nemhard; Carlton Briscoe; Donovan "Blacka" Livingston(?), O'Neil Russell and Ivor Lodge among others.

Personally, Chung Fah was I man coach in the late 80's in Miami when I played for a team called Miami Nationals FC. That team also had a young Robin Fraser who went on to play for FIU, MLS and USA. Frankly speaking, he is one of the best coaches I have had the good fortune of playing for, and my development as a soccer player and soccer enthusiast increased immensely from that encounter. All the best to Chungy in his endevours!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
    X