Interesting topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting topic

Simoes said he has a more talented team than 98...to me that statement is not true but it is also not wrong...most of the 98 team's players were over the hill in their career....so that team was alot older than this team...therefore today's team potentially is alot more talented than the 98 team. However the foundation of today's players is a direct result of the 98 team, just like how that team is a direct product of the Anthony Corbet, Hector Wright, Teegat, young Walter era.

Mi read one post that talk bout who in today's team can be compared to Whitmore and Tatti Brown...well lets go back to 96, who would have deared compared Peter Cargill to Twinie Bug Anglin, Durant Brown to Anthony Corbet...but since them achieve the impossible now we putting them above these players. The first thing Simoes said was this time the job would be alot harder because of the limitied time he has...Grenada gave everybody a wake up call and I am happy they did that. Now we will see Jamaica playing their best ball come Sunday...they should feel like their backs are against the wall and they have something to prove

Think about this Netherlands just killed Italy - but I guarantee Italy will be in the semi-finals
    Before 2002 World Cup Ronaldo was in a serious goal drought - wi all know what happened at that tournament
    Jamaica went to Mexico fought wid Toluca got 6-0 in Azteca - wi all know what happened after that

If this team is really filled with professionals (which the 98 team didn't they grew in professionalism before our eyes) and if they can have a fraction of the heart that their predecessors have then they should give a good account of themselves

The interesting question is if today's team playing at their best was to play against the 98 team...who would win. My vote would be on today's team

interesting indeed... nice post... my vote would be on todays team...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Remember at the same time he said he didn't see any Tappa or Walter Boyd.

The overall quality maybe better but we are lacking that match winner at this point.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This squad is the best I have personally seen ..The main

reason is that these players are capable of playing different positions with the same effectiveness. This squad is more talented because most of these players are already well trained in the basic rudiments of the game . These players have more international experience under their belt so there is less work for Simoes. The only problem which Simoes is having is team chemistry because most of these players are on diffferent teams with different team structure and playing style. Given time this team can be number one in concacaf unlike our 98 team which barely make it to the world cup even with the extensive training and games play together.

There are more veteran and disciplined players in this squad and J.f.f should have learn from past travelling,accomodation etc issues.

There are a couple things which is making it harder for us this time..

1. We are no longer presumed a underdog team
        2. We have less money and sponsors
        3. The other countries in our region have copy our success story
        4. World wide cost of living is higher in Jamaica so less money for game attendance
        5. The competition is greater in training so greater chance of players getting injured.

Don't worry we will peak the right time ..

Comment

Working...
        X