X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have problem with my post say it and stop mek
    up yuh face.

Comment

Jawge mi bredrin', i think you miss the point that Jangle and I are trying to make.

Quite simple, I believe in creepin' before walkin'.

Das all mi a say.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

did you read my post above to jangle? if not, read it and tell me what you deduce from it?

Thanks in advance.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

okay, I just jumped right in.
          your point is noted.

Comment

Bredrin wi creepin too long and them have a
            saying : birds of a feather flock together. We ambitious, we would like to
            to play the likes of Brasil , Arg et al. regardless. Playing teams of high calibre can only boost our confidence.

Comment

i was just concerned because we seemed to agree on the point....i'm sure you understand!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                Okay if I should follow this line
                of reasoning and logic: we could say Ja should only play teams of low
                ranking (thier ilk) namely; Haiti, St.Vincent et al. Let's say we follow the protocol, got our beating from the US and mexico but qualify via the half spot. We then win a game draw two and qualify for the second round. In the second round we will definitely face a top team (I know we will face one in the first round but left it out to show the fallacy in the above). How will we be prepared to play this top team? It seems that we should just pack up and go home seeing that we are hopeless.

IN GC 97; when all teams hid from Brasil and Ja was thrown in the group, what was the outcome of that game? Ja played Brasil in London, what was the outcome of that game? There is no team on this planet better than Brasil, the buck stops with Brasil in football and Ja has shown more than once that we can play with the best.

It is sad when we look at our sports team through the lens of the country's economic and political conditions. It is sad when we harbour low expectations of ourselves. It is sad when we mentally defeat ourselves by yeilding games to teams before the game is even being played.

In order for Ja to get better we have to run with quality teams; regardless of the results, hence we can improvise and constantly gauge ourselves.

HL, the above argument is rediculous and you know it. I know you would feel insulted if someone set standards for you and told you that you cannot go beyond those bounds.
                Cmon now Jawge as a "higher-level" thinker and the "eternal learner" I would have expected a better level of reasoning from you. Allow me to reinforce my point. I am not saying that Jamaica can never or should never play a big team, what I am trying to point out is that the TIMING is off. We were (a month ago)/ are not ready to play any of these big sides right now. What would be the point. We struggle to draw a game with Trinidad. OK, let's for a minute say we play Argentina and manage to draw a game with them, does that mean we are ready to beat US or Mexico? We are talking about a team which has been together for what...3 weeks now!!! Get real now people and stop allowing your emotions to rule your logical thinking! I see man a call for all sorts of big teams to play. Obviously, we don't know what goes into getting one of those teams to agree to play us. Financially it is neither here nor there for any of the top teams to play Jamaica....and why should they play a team ranked 97. After the Bahamas series we can look about playing 2 or 3 of the second and third tier European teams eg. Scotland, Ireland, Denmark, Iceland. We can also seek out some African teams and South Americans - Paraguay, Bolivia (in Bolivia), Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador etc. Get real Jawgie!
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle....ress it.

The point we are making is not pervasive .
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Looks like yuh right again, HL! Is it too late to apologise?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Looks like yuh right again, HL! Is it too late to apologise?
                      Crap!!! If Grenada can beat us, Guatemala Mexico, and Venezuela Brazil why we caan put one pon the Argentines?

Comment

It (the office) has to be retaken...winning and/or not losing at home is key if we are to have any hope of advancing.

pr
                        Peter R

Comment

hmmm...never thought about it quite like that.

Okay! I take back that apology. HL, yuh a talk crap, as usual!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                          X