X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milan to test Wenger's patience with £32m bid for Adebayor

By Sportsmail Reporter
    Last updated at 1:12 PM on 06th June 2008

AC Milan are planning another raid on Arsenal with a reported £32m bid for striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Having already prised midfielder Mathieu Flamini from the Emirates Stadium this summer, sources in Italy claim manager Carlo Ancelotti is set to turn his attention towards Adebayor.

The Togo striker joined the Gunners for £7m in January 2006 and netted 30 goals last season. The Daily Telegraph claims Adebayor met Milan officials this week and agreed to join the club - despite recently insisting he was going to stay with Arsenal.

Goals pay the rent - and will cost £32m in this case: Adebayor nets against Tottenham and could be doing so for Milan next season
    The 24-year-old returned to his country this week to receive the BBC African player of the year award where he insisted moves abroad were fuelled solely by cash.

He said: "If you move, it is about money. When we were young we played because we love the game and we were passionate about it. But now, when you reach this stage you are thinking about the Champions League and big things like that.

Simply the best: Adebayor with his African Play of the Year award

"Whenever I come back to my country people love me. If I didn't go to Europe for money, what else would it be for?"

Arsenal were in contention to win the Premier League and Champions League before four consecutive draws in March scuppered their hopes in the league, and a late collapse against Liverpool at Anfield ended their European hopes.

They won nothing for a third successive season but Arsene Wenger's attacking style won them many admirers.

However, Adebayor is keen to wins things and added: "If you gave me the option of playing beautiful football and winning nothing, or playing ugly and winning then obviously it would be the latter.

"You are judged on what you win. We play in a great team with a great manager, but we don't want to play beautiful football just to put smiles on the faces of the fans."

Milan finished fifth in Serie A last season, so will not be in the Champions League, a factor that could influence Adebayor, leaving the Italians to focus on Chelsea duo Didier Drogba and Andrei Shevchenko.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

baxide!!anyway as karl seh...HIM NUH GOOD!!! right?

However, Adebayor is keen to wins things and added: "If you gave me the option of playing beautiful football and winning nothing, or playing ugly and winning then obviously it would be the latter.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      By Sportsmail Reporter
      Last updated at 1:12 PM on 06th June 2008

AC Milan are planning another raid on Arsenal with a reported £32m bid for striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

Having already prised midfielder Mathieu Flamini from the Emirates Stadium this summer, sources in Italy claim manager Carlo Ancelotti is set to turn his attention towards Adebayor.

The Togo striker joined the Gunners for £7m in January 2006 and netted 30 goals last season. The Daily Telegraph claims Adebayor met Milan officials this week and agreed to join the club - despite recently insisting he was going to stay with Arsenal.

Goals pay the rent - and will cost £32m in this case: Adebayor nets against Tottenham and could be doing so for Milan next season
      The 24-year-old returned to his country this week to receive the BBC African player of the year award where he insisted moves abroad were fuelled solely by cash.

He said: "If you move, it is about money. When we were young we played because we love the game and we were passionate about it. But now, when you reach this stage you are thinking about the Champions League and big things like that.

Simply the best: Adebayor with his African Play of the Year award

"Whenever I come back to my country people love me. If I didn't go to Europe for money, what else would it be for?"

Arsenal were in contention to win the Premier League and Champions League before four consecutive draws in March scuppered their hopes in the league, and a late collapse against Liverpool at Anfield ended their European hopes.

They won nothing for a third successive season but Arsene Wenger's attacking style won them many admirers.

"You are judged on what you win. We play in a great team with a great manager, but we don't want to play beautiful football just to put smiles on the faces of the fans."

Milan finished fifth in Serie A last season, so will not be in the Champions League, a factor that could influence Adebayor, leaving the Italians to focus on Chelsea duo Didier Drogba and Andrei Shevchenko.
      Luk lacka dem waan tief haul a di YOUNG GUNNERS?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

but is adebayor...him nuh good...mek him gwa'an!

i mean if we can sell TH14 ... who is adebayor!!!???!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
          baxide!!anyway as karl seh...HIM NUH GOOD!!! right?

That sounds like a come and get me call to Chelsea.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            but is adebayor...him nuh good...mek him gwa'an!

i mean if we can sell TH14 ... who is adebayor!!!???!!
            That maybe so! ...but how many of the YOUNG GUNNERS have already gone, how many more it is rumoured will shorty go...and how many more it is being said other club is...or other clubs are lining up for??

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

not maybe so...that IS so.....selling th14 at that stage of his career sent a very bad message in my opinion and i said that before....

chickens coming home to roost...

Comment

What is the track record of performance by players leaving the EPL? Seems like all the big players lose their shine when they leave. Maybe just an impression on my part... might be the end of Adebayor's run if he moves to Milan. What ever happened to Patrick Vieira? Henri?

pr
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  What is the track record of performance by players leaving the EPL? Seems like all the big players lose their shine when they leave. Maybe just an impression on my part... might be the end of Adebayor's run if he moves to Milan. What ever happened to Patrick Vieira? Henri?

pr
                  Viera ... back 2 back Seria Champion. Pires had a good season with Villarreal.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                  X