Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US v. Argentina

Nil-all draw!!

80 Thousand FAN-atics at giants stadium to see the game!!!!!!!!!!!

Good game.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Good game. Credit to the US for coming away with the draw. Man, I must say Argentina is really a very technical side. Messi is also unstoppable when he is ready to move with the ball.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

What does the whipping Mexico got from Argentina and this scoreline say about the Mexicans & the US? Didn't see the US game, mi was out and about.

With a new coach the Mexicans may be vulnerable, and I would not be surprised if Erickson is forced out before the end of their WC campaign.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

It says that Argentina converted their chances against Mexico very early and missed against the USA in the first half.

Comment

Julio Cruz should no longer be considered for selection ... he has to miss too many chances before scoring 1. The # 26 for the US can certainly pass the ball.

HL .... where were you?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Good game for the USA, but we once again couldn't get on the score sheet. I guess that's going to continue to be the case if we insist on starting Eddie Johnson as the lone striker.

Heath Pearce, our left back, had a very solid game. But mostly it was Tim Howard who stood out. Julio Cruz will be cursing his name for years to come.

Referee was terrible, however. Argentina should have had a penalty. And it's still a mystery to me why he sent off Mastroeni.
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Not sure we can gauge the two performances. And I believe that Sven was not on the sidelines in the Mex game vs Argentina; he was in the stands I believe. The Mex took their anger out on the the Peruvians, battering them 4 zero in yesterday's encounter. That, I think, was Sven's first game in charge. (I stand corrected)

The USA played very well against the Argies to earn the nil-all tie. Both teams created chances but it was US custodian, Tim Howard, who came up big for Sam's Army. There were at least two chances which the Argies should have put away were it not for the brilliance of Howard in goal.

Messi was his brilliant self in the 45 minutes he played. Donovan played well and Adu sparkled when he came on in the 2nd half. Heath Pierce was also solid and so too was Michael Bradley. Dempsey showed some sparks but (like Adu) he came under some roughing-up from the Argies. Mastroeni played very well but was eventually undone by a dubious red card resulting from a phantom foul. Sacha Klijsten (sp) is a livewire but coach Bradley took too long to bring him on. Overall it was a very entertaining game between FIFA's top team and CONCACAF's second best.

Personal note: I think the Argies were robbed a penalty when Howard fouled 20-year-old Aguero in the box.
              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

the argies are fantastic tacklers! from the forward to the defence their technique is crisp....

usa played a very good game.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

lost in all of this is jamaica's draw with t&t.....is a reggae boyz board still right?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Yes I think we still retain the rights (to the board i.e.)

However, the result reminds us that in "real" football, the ball is round and anything can happen. We got bent out of shape a few days when we drew with TnT and , in the aftermath of all that, we forgot to remind ourselves that that TnT are ranked higher than us on the FIFA scale. So the lower-ranked USA drawing with FIFA's #1 team is a good prescription for the sickness we felt after the 90 minutes at the Marvin Lee stadium. I think!!!
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Yes I think we still retain the rights (to the board i.e.)

However, the result reminds us that in "real" football, the ball is round and anything can happen. We got bent out of shape a few days ago when we drew with TnT and , in the aftermath of all that, we forgot to remind ourselves that TnT are ranked higher than us on the FIFA scale. So the lower-ranked USA drawing with FIFA's #1 team is a good prescription for the sickness we felt after the 90 minutes at the Marvin Lee stadium. I think!!!

Comment

I know Sven was not in charge of the team which took a mauling from the Argies. I can't see him having a long successful career in Mexico.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                          Personal note: I think the Argies were robbed a penalty when Howard fouled 20-year-old Aguero in the box.
                          They were. And I'm inclined to wonder if he sent off Mastroeni as a make-up call for it.

CONCACAF refs just keep getting worse. And here I thought Prendergast was bad...
                          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                          - Xavi

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                            the argies are fantastic tacklers! from the forward to the defence their technique is crisp....

usa played a very good game.
                            The USA looks like the King of CONCACAF right now!

Comment

Working...
                            X