X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland chairman Quinn backs Nosworthy for England

Sunderland chairman Quinn backs Nosworthy for England
    June 08, 2008

Sunderland chairman Niall Quinn believes Nyron Nosworthy is an outside bet for an England call.

"Nyron's got to look and think one or two of Boro's players have had a sniff of the England set-up; they have been named in squads," Quinn told the Sunderland Echo.

"Nyron is playing in the same position and he should be looking at that next year.

"He's been a top player in The Championship and he's had a good, steady year in The Premier League.

"It's time for him to kick on. He can do it - it's there for him."

I guess that explains his absence. Hopefully that will be the last of his name if that is the case. We do not need to be fighting to convince a player.

Comment

LIKE you tOOK that personal ME

Comment

Take what personal.

he is free to choose. If him want to play with his country of birth, that is no problem with me. Life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
          Take what personal.

he is free to choose. If him want to play with his country of birth, that is no problem with me. Life goes on.

Totally agree. The last thing this team needs is players who arent committed to the cause or players who suddenly see an opportunity to play for us to boost their own personal careers.

Comment

I think you guys should give the youth a break. It was he who said he would love to wear the Jamaican colors. Jamaica did not go in search of him.

Now his chairman can say anything, but it does not mean that the youth is actively seeking an England callup. That said, I am sure if they came calling, he would not have second thoughts about going.

We all want the best opportunities for ourselves, why should we think any differently about the players who decide to commit to us? England is a much better team and much better organized than us. Any player with the option to choose between the two would no doubt choose to be on the better team.

If Nosworthy is to play for Jamaica, he will in due course.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I don't think anyone is being hard on him. If he got an invite (I don't know) and decided to reject it or told Simoes he is waiting on England, I think that should be the last we hear of him.

If that is not the case, then I have no problem with him joining the squad.

Comment

You never see smoke without fire. I know now that this is the player who told Simoes that he's weighing other options (i.e. England). One year ago this player was all about donning the Jamaican colours and all of a sudden now that he's fit we cannot see him. It's not like we have some stalwarts in our defensive unit that is keeping him out of the team or squad.

I have been asking why we could not see this guy after all the hype about him coming down to play and I guess this report has given me the answer. God's speed and good luck to you Sir Nyron.

P.S. Good riddance!! Sh!+, let me type what I really feel!!

Comment

Man unuh really get riled up over a comment from the man's club president that England should call the man. What if it had been a situation that the words actually came from Nyron that he wanted to play for England? Let the man weigh his options as I am sure you or I would if we were in a similar position.
                  "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    I think you guys should give the youth a break. It was he who said he would love to wear the Jamaican colors. Jamaica did not go in search of him.

Now his chairman can say anything, but it does not mean that the youth is actively seeking an England callup. That said, I am sure if they came calling, he would not have second thoughts about going.

We all want the best opportunities for ourselves, why should we think any differently about the players who decide to commit to us? England is a much better team and much better organized than us. Any player with the option to choose between the two would no doubt choose to be on the better team.

If Nosworthy is to play for Jamaica, he will in due course.
                    Tilla, he said he wanted to play for yard and we called him up, but he was injuried. Now we don't hear anything about him, but we know Simoes said that he spoke with players that were willing to play for JA if England did not come calling soon.....Maybe Noseworthy is in that camp. I wish him the best, but don't see him being a regular on the England squad. Whose England game him can tek? Not Terry, not Ferdinand, not Woodgate....who him ago replace?

Comment

Well, I believe you are making assumptions here. Do you know for a fact that it was Nosworthy Simoes said was weighing his options? Until you know what is what, you should not assume like that.

I wish him the best, but don't see him being a regular on the England squad. Whose England game him can tek? Not Terry, not Ferdinand, not Woodgate....who him ago replace?
                      Remember, it is not only first team players that make up a squad. What happens when Terry is injured, Ferninand is suspended and Woodgate has the flu when a crucial game is on? Not saying Nosworthy would just fill in, but I am saying this to show you that a team needs depth, not just first team players.

If nosworthy thinks he canget called to England's squad, then more power to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                        Well, I believe you are making assumptions here. Do you know for a fact that it was Nosworthy Simoes said was weighing his options? Until you know what is what, you should not assume like that.
                        I see you did not read my whole comment. If you go back and look you will find "Maybe Noseworthy is in that camp".....Apparently, he is not as an article on thereggaeboyz.com states that he is still waiting on the JFF and have not heard from them recently.

Comment

Did you guy's read Nosworthy's response to Quinn? The man said he is still waiting to hear back from the JFF!
                          President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

i hope we learned something from david johnson......we made it to france without him.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If he said that, then I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him in the squad instead of Jermaine Taylor.

Comment

Working...
                              X