Short Summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Summary

Rbz came out looking good, possession but finishing was poor. Marlon just did not seem to be on target despite getting several chances...either being tipped over or weak shots. However, he did cause problems.

Fuller - a long hard decision to made. Had opps at goal but jst don't look like a clinical finisher that we need.

Defense was generally ok (6/10) BUT defensive blunder cause dthe goal...ball passed accross face and right back...so sloooow coming to pick up. TT made too many passed before a clinical finish - their only reall opp. at goal. Rbz GK seemd to habve injured himself in first 5 mins...

The artificial turf seemed to have given a lot of the players problems esp. with turning. Post match discussion with Simoes confirmed. There was a also a shower and the ball was acting funny...standing up or skating.....

Thought the subs were LATE in coming....both FULLER and MARLON should have come off earlier....

Will post sm pics...

Overall the 1-1 draw was fair. JA muffed a lot of opps. TT took theirs. Possession was about 55% 45% in Ja's favour. First half probably more...

The after party with Machel was good....Junior Demus also did a cameo....

Simoes and the players have complained about the turf since the Boyz arrived in T&T during their first training session.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
      Simoes and the players have complained about the turf since the Boyz arrived in T&T during their first training session.

What is the purpose of complaining? Costa Rica have been playing their qualifiers at the Ricardo Sapprissa Stadium for over 10 years and that stadium has astroturf which is the same turf we played on today.

If we learn to play on it as well as they have maybe we can go there and beat them one day.

Comment

Its not really astro as we know it but artificial grass....

Comment

Costa Rica have been playing their qualifiers at the Ricardo Sapprissa Stadium for over 10 years and that stadium has astroturf which is the same turf we played on today.
          Are you suggesting that it has been ten years since CR has been playing on the artificial surface or are you just saying they have used the Ricardo Sapprissa Stadium for over 10 years? Because I am sure the use of that artificial surface has not been approved for ten years already. I will stand corrected if ten years have passed.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

The artificial surface at Marvin lee is not the traditional "astroturf" but more state of the art synthetic material.

The bounce is more realistic and probably kinder on the body.

That having been said, playing at a venue like that is part of the home field advantage. Most of the trinis would probably have played there in the last year since it was installed. Warner has been using this venue for the Trinis (obviously because he owns the place and doesn't have to pay rent and the local players play there when playing Joe Public); they've played most of the friendlies there in the last three months, England being the exception.

Anyway, the home field advantage has to be used; "the office" has to re-stamp its place as the fortress of Jamaican ball if we are to have a chance at 2010.

pr
            Peter R

Comment

There are some issues with even the new field turf. Many players and teams has been complaning as the ball sometimes dont get a true roll. Martin Oniel,Landon Donavan and Becks has all complained about the brand new BMO field in Toronto. As a matter of fact the Canadian Soccer Ass as bowed to the player of this national senior squad to not play some games at BMO field although is suppose to be the National Soccer stadium and was partially built with Fifa funding along with MLSE $$. What I have seen is the ball sometimes stand up where on a slick grass the ball would shoot. Other times it just seems as if the flight and pattern of the ball is unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                Are you suggesting that it has been ten years since CR has been playing on the artificial surface or are you just saying they have used the Ricardo Sapprissa Stadium for over 10 years? Because I am sure the use of that artificial surface has not been approved for ten years already. I will stand corrected if ten years have passed.

I stand corrected on that. Its been 5 years now they've had "turf" on the Saprissa stadium field. The Costa Rican NT has been playing their qualifiers there for a long time though. And they have a pretty good record at that venue. Its an advantage to them since alot of the National team players traditionally came from that club side.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                  Not a ting wrong wit the turf. I play on it every Sunday and the ball doesn't act "funny" to me.

Comment

Thanks, boss!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Whether it be astroturf or artificial grass, I do not believe those have been approved for a FIFA world cup qualifying match.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

if you play on it every sunday it is going to be hard for you to be the one that find something wrong with it as you are used to it.

players live Evan Taylor and the players who don't play on it so often may have a different opinion
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I dont understand Bricktop attitude towards reasoning.. Its fact most pro players want to play on grass and even the new class 2 or whatever they call it Field Turf that is fifa approved is still questioned. The u20 finals in toronto was played on turf all the coaches complained. Toronto Fc had a host of off the ball no contact injuries last year guess who the players blamed.. Field Turf.. Landon Donovan just skipped a game in To.. why Field Truf to act as if its not a factor is not honest unless you dont really understand what is happening..

Comment

OJ,

Does Toronto FC still play on artificial grass? not that it will make a difference to me I want to check a game out whne I come up there in August.

pr
                            Peter R

Comment

Play what? Yuh can play football?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X