Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rave reviews for Taylor

Rave reviews for Taylor

Thursday, 05 June 2008 Technical director René Simoes has been showering praises on new Reggae Boy midfielder Evan Taylor, 19, who made his debut against St. Vincent and the Grenadines at the national stadium on Tuesday.

Taylor was a member of Godfrey Stewart High School's Dacosta Cup winning team of 2005.

He has been hailed for his strong showing in the match against the Vincentians.

"(I saw him play) in Montego Bay and when I saw him I said he played like he's in the master's league. He was so composed, so I invited him to practice (with us) and the first practice was ok (but) by the second and the third practice I said this guy has something spectacular," said Coach Simoes.

Taylor has been included in the 22 man touring squad for the friendly international against host Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday.
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

is it that our people dont know what to look for in identifying the qualities of talent... simoes came and found bibi amongst the other talents and saw something special... now he has identified this youth evan taylor as possessing some special talent...

he needs to share his knowledge on what to look for with our football people... i strongly believe, if simoes didnt give this youth an oppty, he would not have seen the national side...

Comment

God does use the foolish things of Simoes to confound

the so called soccer purist like myself.

Comment

I share your sentiment and that could be the reason why Simoes is Simoes!

However, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Taylor has been a part of a decent Reno U-21 team and obviously someone saw some talent in him and selected him for the scrimmage against the Reggae Boyz a couple weeks ago. So, it's not as if Simoes spotted him on a beach somewhere juggling a coconut.

Indeed, some months ago I saw Reno's U-21 play against HVFC and asked about one of their players. I was introduced to a couple others including Taylor who was described as a very good player.

I think the problem is we are not used to giving youngsters the break over senior players. If Taylor can play U-21, then unless he is exceptional, then why rush him into the senior team? (I guess you are saying he is exceptional!)

We have seen other players being bigged up by Simoes only to fall back down to their true level. Lance Laing from HVFC is one such player. Still a very useful player but was once being highly touted by the Prof.

Let's see what happens with Taylor from here.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Are you suggesting we have Master's league Syndrome?

We still a talk bout Tappa, Nandi and Walter in the present tense?

We need to give a few more younsters a run, after all Rooney, Ronaldo and nuff a dem nuh much older.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Trust mi him betta be a Phenom because God know we need one

against mexico,usa and canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              I think the problem is we are not used to giving youngsters the break over senior players. If Taylor can play U-21, then unless he is exceptional, then why rush him into the senior team? (I guess you are saying he is exceptional!)
              actually, i am not saying he is exceptional... never seen him play... first off, a player has to have some talent to be playing in the u-21 or npl... obviously, this taylor has talent... what is disappointing is our inability to see the potential to be exceptional, nurture and encourage the potential with opportunities to grow in football...

it is clear that it is at the teen years this focus needs to be... simoes saw it in bibi and gave him the oppty and now this kid is getting the oppty... we should have had at least 6 of these kids with the potential to be exceptional since we last qualified for the world cup...

Comment

Agreed! We either just refuse to give them a run over the seniors, or just can't see the good in bussing dem early. Simoes actually said there is another one but he declined naming him.

And we should be bussing them at 17. 19 is a little late!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I hope we continue the progress with young players like thes

e whether we make it to Africa or not. We have the talent we tend to lose it in between major tournaments and different administrative changes. Let's hope Burrell and Simoes is beyond 2010 and lets plan to win the world cup in 2014.

Comment

Are there other countries that use their senior squad to 'buss' juniors at the expense of seniors ?

Exception talent can earn their way.. beyond that, probably not advisable.

Comment

nobody have to "buss" at the expense of. The fact that most of our coaches don't realise that 19 year old players are not bwoy. No matter how much talent you have you have to pay your dues just like Obama and nuff a the civil right leader them.

You think Bibi was more experience than Messam when Bibi put him on the sidelines? When Rene took a young Ricardo Fuller, Fanna, Steve Green etc. to the Gold Cup at the expense of some season ballers. Talent is what going to give up the edge in the qualifiers other than that we can forget it.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

You think Bibi was more experience than Messam when Bibi put him on the sidelines?
                        Bibi was a better player!
                        Deserved his place!
                        Just that many never saw his class!

This new guy - Taylor - must in Simoes' position be better than those he did not even consider. May not have deserved his place in some local 'hex-perts' minds but for Simoes, he deserved his place!

Hey! It is no surprise the local 'hex-perts' do not see real talent. No fear in saying most have not a clue on recognising talent! Certainly some players being called indispensible to our squad are extremely limited players (Extremely limited being nice way to say 'no damn good'!). These some claim excellent.
                        Go figure?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

They are out there, we just need a development team to travel along with a touring band of musicians to Europe, Mexico and South America along with AFrica and the far east

Reggae is popular in those areas and these countries host major reggae shows in the summer. I have people from all over the world on my myspace and since everyone is online and we have emails we can link with the fan sites of clubs the world over and start networking.

Getting my non profit together and a good newspaper to get is the philantropy chronicle as it keeps you uptodate on what is going on in non profit land.

I didn't know there was that much money out there to be given away for Grants? Bill and Melinda Gates with 2.5 BILLION!!! You have the Rockefeller and Ford Foundation and that is only a few

A time fi brush off the rust and start shining again. Its a world cup year and with people excited about football again. I realise I have to move to the east coast and get this non profit thing started.

All mi need is one grant and mi can start put on mi own games and concerts and call it family day out and with mi sponsors and food and supporters club jersey on sale its a wrap.

I got kids to feed so talking time done
                          plus we have the internet fi sell pay per view and sell tickets online plus market via youtube? What am I waiting for?

We have the talent so here comes the hype. We build the "rebel" reggaeboyz second squad with the players who are on the fringes and who people think should be in the squad.

Simoes pass on his instructions and with the controversy(jermaine hue et al) we start shopping around for takers (match and concert) and just tour the world(still haven't seen Machu pichu yet)

waaan go hold a strong meditation up innna the hills with the indians while playing "if we should live up in the hills"

respect

Baddaz!! how life my lord? deh yah a figure out how fi sell the game

Snoop done tell mi say the game is to be sold and not told

Comment

Working...
                          X