• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The PHENOM !!!!

Spain vs. United States

The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

and freddy adu!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

That game was the best I have seen Adu play against senior players in a long while. His work rates looks a little low though.

Comment

You will eventually grow to respek the phenomenon!!!

Chusssss mi.......
        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

you have just wished me long life and good health..... for that i thank you!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
            Spain vs. United States

BOX GAMMA YES!
            No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

phenomCHH

Comment

I am actually changing my mind...I think he can cope! Now if he just passes more...a lot of other things...good things will come to him during the game (during games)!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                  Spain vs. United States

So when did Ronaldo from Brasil start playing for the US?

Comment

Yeah, little Freddy was ballin' those Spaniards. No doubt.

He showed great movement, dribbling, helped us keep possession and contributed to the attack with several dangerous passes.

It's no coincidence that our offence went completely flat in the second half after he was subbed out.
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

Is Freddy Pele unknown son....

I think there need to be a dna test done.

Comment

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                        - Xavi

Comment

Adu's game continues to grow

Freddy Adu wasn't fighting to save U.S. soccer when he stepped onto the fields to play this season. At 19, officially his last year of teen-phenom status, the midfielder had a much more basic goal in mind -- to get off the bench.

While he plays an increasingly important role with the U.S. national team, Adu has been relegated to bench status for quite some time now at Benfica, the club in Portugal where he plies his trade.

Though his goal all along was to play abroad, Adu hit some rough water in his career there. Since Adu was signed by Benfica in July 2007, four different coaches have managed Benfica. With the pressure to win paramount, the coaching staff rarely takes the time to develop players for the future.

(continue)
                          - Xavi

Comment

Nice piece by the columnist. I particularly liked and agreed with this part of her article, "Many members of the American squad play as if an invisible standard operating procedure's manual is floating in front of them at all times. The organized discipline helps to yield few goals, but it does very little to facilitate scoring them."

The Americans do play as if they are robots at times lacking any imagination or creativity. Players like Adu are beginning to change that for them. I use to be a fan of Clint Dempsey but his efforts in games leave me bored and disappointed. Dempsey never seems happy on the field of play. He always appears bored. I don't know if that's just his personality or he thinks it's a cool look but it is a big turn off in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                            X