Ronaldo breaks silence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronaldo breaks silence

Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

Message received

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

Message received

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.
    Yuh nuh post dis fram lang time...pan dis-yah site? Suh wah mek yuh post hit agen?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Tek the 100 million plus Robinho and the Dutch man Wesley Sneijder and mek him gwaan a Real. Use the money and get another striker, a right back and a covering left back.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
        Yuh nuh post dis fram lang time...pan dis-yah site? Suh wah mek yuh post hit agen?
        Really, I wish I had such powers ... I'd certainly win Mega Millions already. Yuh certain yuh know what yuh talking bout KArl?

Comment

Ronaldo running away from the tackles that is expected

this season. Ronaldo wants more money and sunshine. Ronaldo wants less playing time and less games. The spanish girls are more appealing to him than the manchester chicks. Ronaldo cannot take Alex Ferguson control on his players. From a football standpoint Ronaldo should stay at Manchester to grow with Rooney, Nani, Hargreaves,Carrick etc.

Why would he want to leave and end up like Henry(at least him leave to get some distance from his ex and he is getting older).

Comment

Originally posted by No Mercy View Post
            this season. Ronaldo wants more money and sunshine. Ronaldo wants less playing time and less games. The spanish girls are more appealing to him than the manchester chicks. Ronaldo cannot take Alex Ferguson control on his players. From a football standpoint Ronaldo should stay at Manchester to grow with Rooney, Nani, Hargreaves,Carrick etc.

Why would he want to leave and end up like Henry(at least him leave to get some distance from his ex and he is getting older).
            Well one thing is certain, players with his talent get alot of protection in Spain. At times him get some tackle, mi a wonder if a NFL mi a watch, then when the ref waves play on he is accused of diving.

He has always indicated he wants to play for RM .. but $100 million ... ummmmm! Mi say tek di money. Then again someone needs to teach Real Madrid a lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              Well one thing is certain, players with his talent get alot of protection in Spain. At times him get some tackle, mi a wonder if a NFL mi a watch, then when the ref waves play on he is accused of diving.

He has always indicated he wants to play for RM .. but $100 million ... ummmmm! Mi say tek di money. Then again someone needs to teach Real Madrid a lesson.
              I am with you...take the money. Losing Ronaldo will not dent our title quests.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Wha did Raggs seh ?...........Man U might be the biggest club in the world right now but it sure ain't the most glamorous.
                Fergie & co tek de money & send him packing
                “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
                  Wha did Raggs seh ?...........Man U might be the biggest club in the world right now but it sure ain't the most glamorous.
                  Fergie & co tek de money & send him packing
                  Eh? If not Manu, then who Raggs? He did say years ago its a dream of his to play for Real, some Manu fans start knocking him already ... why?

Comment

Location my little friend.....Location makes it Not the most glamorous football club pon de planet.
                    Manchester is ah dump hole, cold & wet at the most of times...the irony is if Man U was located in London, then it could be the glamour club that you wish for. Chelsea situated in West London will one day surpass your club as de football club most elite players would want to play for in England.
                    “I am not a politician..I only suffer the consequences”.......Peter Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by Raggs View Post
                      Location my little friend.....Location makes it Not the most glamorous football club pon de planet.
                      Manchester is ah dump hole, cold & wet at the most of times...the irony is if Man U was located in London, then it could be the glamour club that you wish for. Chelsea situated in West London will one day surpass your club as de football club most elite players would want to play for in England.
                      If a location him want him could go in the hills of St. Ann's Bay, overlooking the Caribbean sea.

I was of the impression we were talking bout glamour clubs, not location. Him better pray him get WPY this year, cause Real Madrid's system not gonna give him the freedom that he had at the Empire.

Comment

Lazie, I bet you thought money wouldn't factor in.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaica2099 View Post
                          Lazie, I bet you thought money wouldn't factor in.
                          This has been happening every summer since the 06 WC and today Ronaldo is still a Manu player. Fergie indicated he would put Ronaldo to play with the reserves ... based on that .. I say tek the 100 million.

The fact is he has always said he wants to play for Real Madrid. He won't be the first #7 to leave ... Cantona did, Beckham did. As a matter of fact, here is what Cantona said yesterday,

United is one of the biggest clubs in the world. They have been winning, are winning and will continue to win things generation after generation. They will always win whoever they have playing for them."

Comment

Which title run, EPL or CL, BIG difference Jangle.
                            If he leaves(doubt it very much)he will go to an excellent Real Madrid team, and it will get even better.
                            Ronaldo could've left Man U after the WC problems with Rooney and England fans, he stayed. Usually such gifted players are selfish(can't balme them)not Ronaldo.
                            Unless being the highest paid player(at this moment in time)means everything to the baller that has proven himself to be a team player the.., players are unpredictable but...
                            Hym just missed a crucial penalty and was still loved. No one I know has ever left Man U on their own accord.Is the American owner I am worried about, he WILL sell Ronaldo if he has his own way.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                              Which title run, EPL or CL, BIG difference Jangle.
                              If he leaves(doubt it very much)he will go to an excellent Real Madrid team, and it will get even better.
                              Ronaldo could've left Man U after the WC problems with Rooney and England fans, he stayed. Usually such gifted players are selfish(can't balme them)not Ronaldo.
                              Unless being the highest paid player(at this moment in time)means everything to the baller that has proven himself to be a team player the.., players are unpredictable but...
                              Hym just missed a crucial penalty and was still loved. No one I know has ever left Man U on their own accord.Is the American owner I am worried about, he WILL sell Ronaldo if he has his own way.

Blessed

If I was in Fergie's position, I would sit him down and have a serious heart-to-heart talk with him. I think his motivation is not only money (which I don't wrong him) but the challenge of winning new titles and claiming the "World's Greatest Player" title. If he doesn't go now, he will later.If the Empire is not prepared to pay him the salary he wants and RM is, then let him vaya con Dios mi hijo. The Empire will continue to win titles with or without him. What we need to know very soon is if he's going, so we can bring in the necessary player to replace him. Right now the team needs an out-and-out striker (I would like to keep Saha, but he's just too much of a liability), and cover for the defensive unit as a whole. Priority defensive buy should be for Ferdinand, then Evra, Right-back and then Vidic. I would allow Saha to stay if he was willing to take a pay cut and try to stabilise his position. We cannot build a side around Saha. If Ronaldo goes to RM he will not immediately shine as he does for the Empire. Remember that horseface RVN is the main man upfront. I don't know their past relationship, but two bulls can't rule inna one pen.
                              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                              X